Used 2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Lexus IS250 Dash and Door SCAM!!
By Jantico

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a Lexus is250 in Florida. After driving it for about a year the door panels and the dashboard began to melt. Literally like goo up and melt! We received a letter from the dealership that this issue was under a warranty enhancement program and we would be able to receive replacements from Lexus at no cost to us. Thrilled about this we put our name on the list and began to wait for our car to be fixed. ONE YEAR LATER only 5 cars have been fixed. Upon calling Lexus to complain they said "they are on back-order." However, they can continue to make new cars and sell those. What I hear is they are not standing behind their product and do not care about the customers who already have given them money... Just new customers. The car is so bad that we virtually can not drive it. The goop from the doors has melted on to the seats and it ruins your clothing. The goop from the dashboard has begun to melt onto the steering wheel and the dashboard has also ruined the shift pannel as the goop has melted onto it. Their warrenty program is a SCAM! They are fixing 3-5 cars every 6 months to say they are doing something. They offered me a dashboard cover which will clip on, but that would forfit my place on this non-existant list. I have never been so angry. I spent 20k on this vehicle and it is a piece of ***!

Upon calling the Lexus corporate line I was told that a manager would call me back on Monday. It is now Thursday and she is just now getting around to it. When asking her why she informed me "I SIMPLY FORGOT" Lisa from customer care who claims to be a manager actually laughed at me when I asked her to esclate my claim to the next level. She said "HAHA MAM WE ARE ALL AWARE" I have never been spoken to in such a rude and disrespectful manner. I am appaled by their lack of care for their customers and I can not beleive they have people who have so little respect for their clients calling pretending to be managers.

BOTTOM LINE: I DID NOT GET WHAT I PAID FOR. BE CAREFUL WHEN PURCHASING AN IS AND DO NOT EXPECT TO RECEIVE ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE.

There is a class action law suit against Lexus for the IS models. We will be persuing this. When told we could trade in the vehicle and not have any reprocutions on the value based on this defect my dealership said "Well going rate on the auction is 8k, and I would have to auction it off because I can't put a car with doors like that on my lot." So BS for not being penalized for the condition of the doors and dash!

Best car ever!!!
By Best car ever!!

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Sensor lights always on
By Dorothy

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Vsc, check engine, traction, low tire pressure light are always on. 2 weeks after I purchased the car the traction light came on. I fought with dealership to replace it. After a long battle they replaced a tire sensor. I Gita pot hole and all lights came on. Dealership says there is no connection. I've never had this many problems with car. Checked in with another mechanic they said they can't determine why lights are on. Also trim on roof is peaking off.

Unwanted shine
By melting2

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Original owner of a '07 IS250 with 61k miles. Would swear that Lexus was the best car brand ever, but for quite some time now, my dashboard and doors are falling apart one touch at a time. Dashboard has a sticky, shiny substance that impairs visibility on sunny days.
What is not shiny and sticky is so fragile that when touched by a fingernail, a piece of the dash or door falls off. The interior is melting away. Lexus knows about the problem but will not repair if warranty is expired.
If you notice any extra shine on your dash, take to dealer bc that is not normal. I made the mistake to overlook it.
Its common on various Lexus
models. Filed a claim NHTSA. Buyer beware, owners complain.

Drives smooth and powerful.

Change the material used for the dashboards and doors so that they don't fall apart on loyal Lexus owners. Accept that this is a manufacturer's defect and not your usual wear and tear.

My 2007 Lexus IS250......
By KdubnYaya

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My IS250 is an awesome vehicle. I traded a Sentra to get a car that was fun to drive. Mine is gray, tinted windows, chrome 18" Lexus wheels. The car drives smooth and the HP will surprise you. There is more than a few times I have left what i thought to be faster cars behind me at red lights. The car has an amazing stereo system that makes my wife's Bose system sound like a crappy pair of headphones. The only issue I had was the speedometer and tachometer dash lights started going out and needed to be replaced. I was over the mileage warranty by 500 miles but Tom Williams Lexus replaced it for me anyways. Bottom line this car is amazing and I will buy another one when this dies.

The styling and comfortable ride. The stereo, back up camera, HID lights and cooled seats.

None. I love it!