2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
Unwanted shine
By melting2 on 08/27/14 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Original owner of a '07 IS250 with 61k miles. Would swear that Lexus was the best car brand ever, but for quite some time now, my dashboard and doors are falling apart one touch at a time. Dashboard has a sticky, shiny substance that impairs visibility on sunny days. What is not shiny and sticky is so fragile that when touched by a fingernail, a piece of the dash or door falls off. The interior is melting away. Lexus knows about the problem but will not repair if warranty is expired. If you notice any extra shine on your dash, take to dealer bc that is not normal. I made the mistake to overlook it. Its common on various Lexus models. Filed a claim NHTSA. Buyer beware, owners complain.

My 2007 Lexus IS250......
By KdubnYaya on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My IS250 is an awesome vehicle. I traded a Sentra to get a car that was fun to drive. Mine is gray, tinted windows, chrome 18" Lexus wheels. The car drives smooth and the HP will surprise you. There is more than a few times I have left what i thought to be faster cars behind me at red lights. The car has an amazing stereo system that makes my wife's Bose system sound like a crappy pair of headphones. The only issue I had was the speedometer and tachometer dash lights started going out and needed to be replaced. I was over the mileage warranty by 500 miles but Tom Williams Lexus replaced it for me anyways. Bottom line this car is amazing and I will buy another one when this dies.

Great little car
By Kelly on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. Sporty, Luxury, everything I could ever want. I have enjoyed EXCELLENT service from Lexus. I can take it there and they will clean it anytime. Got some paint on it, they took it right off for free for me. The car has great fuel economy and the 6 cylinder engine is plenty powerful. Yes, the back seat is small. It's more like a 4 door coupe, but if you want a roomy car don't buy this one. Absolutely NO complaints except according to my husband the brake dust DOES get on the wheels.

Nice Car, but has glitches
By Peach on 09/01/10 12:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Reliable, easy to drive, fun, nice design. But, has electronic problems that are unaddressed by dealers. Sun- roof stuck (replaced motor), wind shield wipers set off when adjusting mirror, radio volume sticks occasionally and wont reset until car shut off, call mode on bluetooth sticks to "calling" even after hanging up, and cant be used until shut car off. I enjoy the cars reliability/performance but will prob go back to MBenz specifically because customer service at MB cant be beat. Lexus seems frustrated and annoyed with the electronic issues and takes it out on me if I complain. Not acceptable.

Love Love Love it
By Ms Mann on 07/06/10 11:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before I purchased my car I came onto edmunds to read reviews and research. The only thing I can say negative about my car is there isn't much room in the backseat for larger people. It drives well, you don't even feel the difference when you are going 25 or 50.

Fun to drive, that's all
By Jewels on 06/14/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My lease is expiring on my car and I'm glad it's not mine to keep. Fun car to drive, that's as much as I will give it. Extremely poor paint job, chips galore, more than normal 'wear'. Cramped and small inside. Noisiest car I've ever driven-terrible dash noises always an issue along with the sun roof. Interior console 'silver' is peeling off. I feel you're just paying for a 'name'. Btw, I drove a loaner about 2 years ago and the pedal stuck. (I just put it in n and messed with it). When I returned it, they blew me off. Just 2 mos. Ago I talked with them about the gas pedal issue and was told that Lexus doesn't have a problem with that. I just go my recall notice last week for that issue

2007 Lexus IS250
By Kdub4prez on 06/02/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Really this is a great car. I have never owned a Toyota or Lexus but it is really a great car. We bought this car with 44,000 miles on it and Lexus has taken care of all of our concerns to this point. They replaced the tires, battery, full brake job and vanity. Drove a 900 mile plus road trip at an average of 81 and got 28.2 mpg. There is no sound in the cabin except the engine when you unleash the little monster within. The G35 exhaust was annoying after a while and we definitely enjoy the comfort and class our RWD IS250 brings. We will always own a Lexus because of how much we have enjoyed our first so far.

Mostly Wonderful
By leigh Anne Boy on 04/16/10 19:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Everything about the car has been great. As a working artist I need a bit bigger trunk a few more pockets and another cup holder. The ride is really nice and comfortable. Really sticks to the road. Plenty of power to pass. The AWD makes it perfect for snow and ice.

No One Mentions The Incredible MPG
By Mrknowldge on 04/15/10 18:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had some complaints like changing the brakes at only 40,000 miles and tires at 20,000 miles but I took that opportunity to make my IS my own and Placed Custom Wheels Now it is a real beauty and everyone tells me how great looking it is. I just wanted to add to anyone considering purchasing one this car is Rated to get 32 MPG on freeway at 65 miles I've achieved 31mpg NOT BAD for luxury sports car. I am very happy with mine. Also Battery needed to be replaced after only 40,000 miles and 2 years I didn't feel this was normal.

Overall good,but need to fix some flaws
By Mohan on 03/23/10 08:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car do have some flaws in it.The Bluetooth(BT) works from only one speaker.I thought that it could be fixed, but later learned that that's how the Lexus BT works. It is little frustrating, I saw the bt in the other cars like in BMW, Benz in Honda. The voice comes form all the speakers and that's how I like it in my car. Secondly, I keep hearing some irritating sounds coming form the steering side of the dashboard. I also noticed the same in the other is (loaner car). And the funny thing is even the dealer's own car has that problem. Every time I go to the dealer, I complain about it and they come back saying that they found nothing. (I feel its had to do with the materials used in the dashboard)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.