Used 2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Unwanted shine
By melting2

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Original owner of a '07 IS250 with 61k miles. Would swear that Lexus was the best car brand ever, but for quite some time now, my dashboard and doors are falling apart one touch at a time. Dashboard has a sticky, shiny substance that impairs visibility on sunny days. What is not shiny and sticky is so fragile that when touched by a fingernail, a piece of the dash or door falls off. The interior is melting away. Lexus knows about the problem but will not repair if warranty is expired. If you notice any extra shine on your dash, take to dealer bc that is not normal. I made the mistake to overlook it. Its common on various Lexus models. Filed a claim NHTSA. Buyer beware, owners complain.

Drives smooth and powerful.

Change the material used for the dashboards and doors so that they don't fall apart on loyal Lexus owners. Accept that this is a manufacturer's defect and not your usual wear and tear.

My 2007 Lexus IS250......
By KdubnYaya

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My IS250 is an awesome vehicle. I traded a Sentra to get a car that was fun to drive. Mine is gray, tinted windows, chrome 18" Lexus wheels. The car drives smooth and the HP will surprise you. There is more than a few times I have left what i thought to be faster cars behind me at red lights. The car has an amazing stereo system that makes my wife's Bose system sound like a crappy pair of headphones. The only issue I had was the speedometer and tachometer dash lights started going out and needed to be replaced. I was over the mileage warranty by 500 miles but Tom Williams Lexus replaced it for me anyways. Bottom line this car is amazing and I will buy another one when this dies.

The styling and comfortable ride. The stereo, back up camera, HID lights and cooled seats.

None. I love it!

Great little car
By Kelly

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. Sporty, Luxury, everything I could ever want. I have enjoyed EXCELLENT service from Lexus. I can take it there and they will clean it anytime. Got some paint on it, they took it right off for free for me. The car has great fuel economy and the 6 cylinder engine is plenty powerful. Yes, the back seat is small. It's more like a 4 door coupe, but if you want a roomy car don't buy this one. Absolutely NO complaints except according to my husband the brake dust DOES get on the wheels.

Back up camera, Navigation Reliability Service

none

Nice Car, but has glitches
By Peach

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Reliable, easy to drive, fun, nice design. But, has electronic problems that are unaddressed by dealers. Sun- roof stuck (replaced motor), wind shield wipers set off when adjusting mirror, radio volume sticks occasionally and wont reset until car shut off, call mode on bluetooth sticks to "calling" even after hanging up, and cant be used until shut car off. I enjoy the cars reliability/performance but will prob go back to MBenz specifically because customer service at MB cant be beat. Lexus seems frustrated and annoyed with the electronic issues and takes it out on me if I complain. Not acceptable.

seat comfort (front and back), seat heaters and coolers, durable leather, dash design, acceleration excellent for 6-cyl, good trunk space

doors won't stay open and close on your leg if you don't hold it, rain leaking in onto seat when you open door, electronic problems, paint quality (lots of chips compared to past cars), expensive navigation updates bi-annually

Love Love Love it
By Ms Mann

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before I purchased my car I came onto edmunds to read reviews and research. The only thing I can say negative about my car is there isn't much room in the backseat for larger people. It drives well, you don't even feel the difference when you are going 25 or 50.

The exterior - very sexy car. The navigation - easy to use. The bluetooth - very useful.

The aux is inside the center console, should be out front.