Used 2007 Lexus IS 250 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Unwanted shine
By melting2

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Original owner of a '07 IS250 with 61k miles. Would swear that Lexus was the best car brand ever, but for quite some time now, my dashboard and doors are falling apart one touch at a time. Dashboard has a sticky, shiny substance that impairs visibility on sunny days. What is not shiny and sticky is so fragile that when touched by a fingernail, a piece of the dash or door falls off. The interior is melting away. Lexus knows about the problem but will not repair if warranty is expired. If you notice any extra shine on your dash, take to dealer bc that is not normal. I made the mistake to overlook it. Its common on various Lexus models. Filed a claim NHTSA. Buyer beware, owners complain.

Drives smooth and powerful.

Change the material used for the dashboards and doors so that they don't fall apart on loyal Lexus owners. Accept that this is a manufacturer's defect and not your usual wear and tear.

I want more
By jose

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Coming from an A4 and BMW 328, not a really performance car, it has great looks (this is what sold me). I have the car for 2 weeks already, and I'm thinking to trade-in and go back to BMW soon. Has no power and the noise of the engine is loud, not to mention the rattling noise coming from the dash. Not really happy with this car!

Comfort, looks, price.

More power.

Better choice than BMW 328
By Jay

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Edmond's reviews and ratings convinced me to look into IS 250. Drove both BMW 328 and IS 250 and decided on IS 250. Much better value for the money. It was 10-15% lower cost, with more options. 328 did have more power, but something I rarely need. I've had it for 2 months now, and it's a fun car to drive.

Heated (cooled) leather seats.

Cup holder design stinks.

Great compromise car
By IJ

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Driving this car is a pleasure! I had to get rid of an impractical sports car (2005 RX-8 6MT) and needed true 4 doors, more space and comfort, and I got it without compromises! Yes, the shifter is easy, the Lexus doesn't make you work for a shift like the Infiniti G35 coupe 6MT did nor is it as precise as the RX-8, but it is more forgiving, allowing you to focus on the road and enjoying the great interior rather than focusing on making the quick shift. Yes, it could use more power, but I like the thought of my suspension being able to handle anything the engine can throw at it! Great car, in and out, love the 6MT and love everything about it! Lexus has me sold for life.

18" wheels, tight suspension, great seats, great stereo, fun car!

The car could use more power, and bluetooth should definitely be available on the standard stereo!

I LOVE MY IS!!!
By Scott

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I previously drove a Pontiac Bonneville, top of the line with lots of room. The reduced space of the IS took some getting used to; however, the quality, ride, handling, looks and gas mileage make up for the car being smaller. I chose metallic red with black interior. The wood looks great with the black! I test drove the G35, 325i and TL, and the Lexus won in almost every category: looks, handling, gas mileage, comfort, least ride noise and the list goes on. My advice is to be very careful not to scratch the hood since it's aluminum. I'm single and the reduced back seat room is no problem. My IS is always getting looks on and off the road; I highly recommend it. It's muscular & sexy!

Keyless entry by touch and push button start, nav, bluetooth, rear camera, and cooled seats.

A larger opening for the trunk, and a different material than aluminum for the hood.