2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Review: So-So for a Lexus

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Review

So-So for a Lexus
By Lee on

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I leased this car after reading several comparisons with BMW, Audi, etc. My first impression was this is a gorgeous car. Previously had a RX300, so I was expecting Lexus, but the IS250 has been an underachiever. Car has been recalled 2x or seatbelt assembly and brakes. Headliner rattle is noticeable when sunroof is open while driving. My biggest gripe would be that on 2 occasions when attempting to enter and start the vehicle, the push button ignition would not start and I was stranded for hours. Dealer could not address my issue, because they were unable to duplicate the problem.

Auxiliary input in center console (for MP3 player). Exterior definitely draws attention and after 2 years bodystyle has withstood the test of time.

Improved electronics (i.e. door release and push button ignition). Brake dust excessive. Larger back seat, my 5 year old has no leg room back there.