2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Review: Move over Audi A4 2.0 Quatro B

2006 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Move over Audi A4 2.0 Quatro BMW 325xi
By Nathan Terrill on

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is GREAT! I traded in the 2003 Benz in hopes for a better performing car in the winter months (rain, snow on the pass) here in Seattle. I've always been a die-hard loyal consumer of German autos, but alas, the Lexus encompassed everything for which I was looking. Compared it to the others, the Lexus provides a tight package with liquid-smooth operation and great style. Considering the Lexus weighs more, I figured performance would suffer. I was dead wrong!

I chose to get the vehicle with the Navigation system and the Premium Package. The Lexus' Nav system's touch- screen operation and easy to learn voice commands is considerably easier to use than the BMW's complicated and less advanced i-drive system. Its the best Nav system I've witnessed period.

Lexus should include the 4-year, 50,000 mile scheduled maintenance on all future models. Xenon headlights and rain-sensing wipers should be standard on this car for better visibility.