2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Review: I love this car

2006 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

I love this car
By Chris M. on

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a loyal Lexus owner. This is my 3rd one and I just purchased the new IS 250. While I would have preferred a bit more power, the 204 HP is ample enough for everyday driving. When I test drove it, I was pleasantly surprised with the responsiveness of the engine. The interior quality is amazing: supple leather seating, comfortable, good stereo, well appointed dash, and a lot of sensors to check on this and that (still figuring out everything.) The body style is a killer! Everyone has complemented me on the looks. The car handles well on the road and the ride is very quiet ... an improvement over my IS 300. I love this car!

18" tires; I love the keyless entry & ignition system; excellent brakes; quiet ride and confident handling; body style is hot. Base stereo is good, but if you're looking for a "boom box" experience, this is not the one for you. But this is a Lexus after all. I found the rear leg room to be adequate.

A bit more HP (say 215) would have been nice. Other than this, Lexus did a great job with this replacement for the IS 300.