2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Review: Great car, lack of power

2006 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Review

Great car, lack of power
By vili on

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive! great technology built into every detail, keyless system is wonderful. Acceleration is good but not great, interior is perfectly well crafted. The standard sound system is so great I can't even imagine how the ML system would be. The doors close like 50K vehicle. The side mirrors are as big as the ones on SUVs; great air dynamics when speeding at more than 60 mph; interior is quiet and the moonroof is very functional. MP3 jack plug is available but impractical until Lexus offers a way to control MP3 player via steering wheel controls. Or MP3 manufacturers offer interfaces. I believe Lexus will sell many many of these cars, BMW should be worried but not very much, for now.

External lights below mirrors when key fob is detected by car; keyless entry system, keyless trunk entry, gauges and initial check sequence, brakes, dual zone A/C, ext/int design is spectacular, leather int so smooth and fresh in beige, Lexus sound system is superb!! one-touch moonroof, build quality!

I can't think of anything really important but the rear seat space, I am 6'4" and I always drive alone, but for those with more than 1 passenger this car would be a challenge. If Lexus wants to reach the BMW crowd price should step down a little bit. I trust market forces will take care of it.