2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Review: Gets better every day ...

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Review

Gets better every day ...
By JoeLeTaxi on

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The more I drive my IS 250 AWD, the more I appreciate it. I truly look forward to getting behind the wheel. The more I drive my IS, the better we get along. I can get 30 mpg on the hwy if I use a very light touch, but I've averaged 24 with a mix of hwy, stop-and- go and city. For those who say it is underpowered, my car's power seems to have increased as it is broken in. I'm also more comfortable stomping on the accelerator when I need more power - you can't finesse the accelerator. I keep the transmission in "PWR" mode always.

Buttery leather seats. Confident feel on the road - it begs me to go faster in the corners. The NAV is soo much more than just a NAV. Great fit and finish.

An infant car seat is a *very* tight fit. Lexus seems to have confused a harsh ride with feeling "connected" - the competition does better in this category. Paint color is great (Matador Red) but it doesn't have the same depth as you'll find on Mercedes or Infiniti. Overactive auto climate ctrl.