From Volvo to Lexus in zero seconds flat
By Steve in Easton on
2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)
We're creatures of comfort, and unfortunately, my car was no longer that. With over 250k miles under its belt, it was time to trade-in my '96 Volvo 850T. Having purchased the Lexus RX 400h at the end of the year, we were VERY impressed with Lexus, and when my wife saw the IS 250 AWD, the deal was done. After my test drive, I was even selling another Volvo'ite prospect on the virtues of the IS. As he put it - the IS is a lot of car for the money. Living in the NorthEast, and with a 100- round-trip to the office, AWD is a must. Creature comfort, and reliability are also necessary, as I often drive to NYC. I'm happy to say, the IS buzz is alive and well - my creature is comforted!
Favorite Features
NAVIGATION SYSTEM! This is a case where the value is greater than the cost. This is more than a map system, it is command central. SOUND SYSTEM! The "standard" 13-speaker system is great. BTW: I found a Monster- brand low-profile iPod charger that fits nicely into the console outlet. BLUETOOTH
Suggested Improvements
Integrate the RX's auto tilt-away steering wheel when entering and exiting the cock-pit. Wish: Invent anti-pollen coat so I don't have to wash the car daily to show off the "sweet" black paint job. Yes, I'm the proud 50-year-old owner of the "Sweet IS in the parking lot" as one youth asked.