2006 Lexus IS 250 2.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Can't drive it like I

2006 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Review

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Can't drive it like I stole it!!!
By Karen on

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving this car is like dating a high maintenance dummy. Looks beautiful but little substance. I made the mistake of not test driving the car in the manner that I usually drive my car. My biggest gripe is the acceleration. The reported 0-60 mph is 8 sec. This is because the first 1.5 seconds the car barely rolls before the computer engages and you actually get moving. The other acceleration problem is on highways when passing. I can't just punch the accelerator and go. I have to time it in order to pass other cars because of the delay similar to the one while standing still. Terrible in winter conditions. Very pretty and comfortable car, though. Next time I'll look for more horsepower.

Favorite Features

Head turning in all black. Key fob entry and "batman-like" push start engine. Comfortable heated/cooled seats.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the giant blind spot on the rear panels! Can't see anything when backing up. Only getting 19 mph city and up to 25 hwy (city/suburban). Car charger in center console awkward. World's heaviest trunk lid that is impossible to lift with groceries in hand! Popping noise in center console daily.