Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

2006 Lexus IS 250
By Clare

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this vehicle for over a year. It's beautiful! I still love walking up to it and am proud that it's mine. The interior is just as lovely. Not sure if I feel like a teen or an adult in this luxurious ride. Not sure I care! I definitely want this car to be a success, but unlike the BMW, for individuality's sake I don't want to see my car at every stoplight and I don't, which makes it even more special. I'm glad that I made this purchase. The IS 250 could use a little extra horsepower, but lesser may be a good thing because I'd probably drive faster and get a ticket. People assume that this car was a lot more expensive than it actually was and I like that.

Exterior is beautiful. My friends who have Mercedes or BMWs in equal classes are jealous (too bad). At first the tight steering was unusual for me, but I grew used to it fast and I love it now. This car is hard to describe. It's a sports car sort of, but not really... there's too much luxury.

Rear camera should be standard. Blind spots plentiful. Sometimes slight lag in acceleration. Not sure what that's about. Limited leg room in the back. May be the shape of seats, but seems that back seat passengers,sometimes have to hold on around corners. I'd like that they be more comfortable.

Not bad, but money sapper
By mikewpu04

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had the car for a year and gladly traded it. I felt unless you have near perfect driving conditions, the car did not perform. It needed several alignments and adjustments. I had problems with the brakes at 15k. I drive in New York often but not enough to have the problems I did with the car. The interior is amazing. Very luxurious and comfortable. I felt the 250 engine to be slow, the 350 would be better. The exterior dings and chips very easily. If you like paying premium gas for a so-so drive, buy the IS.

Slapstick, heated/AC seats, back up camera.

Turning radius is flat, ride is very bouncy and rough for a luxury car. AWD is marginal in snow.

A joy to own
By neil

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Once you get to know the car (which takes a while for ex BMW drivers) then only do you begin to fully appreciate it. It's a good looking car with faetures that I now can't do without. Once you know how, there's an incredible amount of power on tap at the flip of a few buttons and paddles. It's very light on fuel on the open road and is a great alternate to a BMW if you're looking for individuality and a car that can behave and perform in almost any way you desire. Handling and suspension is where the BMW wins though, but in every other department you'd be better off with the IS. Oh and BMW finance is better.

Rear camera, top class sat-nav integrated with media player that boasts incredible Mark Levinson surround sound, hot and cold aircon through the seats, auto-level lights that turn with the wheel, touch screen control for everything, voice commands, blue-tooth capability, quiet drive.

Suspension, integrate sat-nav with speed limit info on the roads, blind spot where windscreen pillars are. Active steering slight delay sometimes when foot not on the accelerator and you are rolling downhill. Cameraview disappears when call comes in. Having to accept the on screen message etc

Annoying squeaks and ratles! Don't buy!
By paulinga

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Where do I start? The car squeaks and rattles like a cheap piece of junk. The tires are noisy and already worn. They also lose air constantly and have been checked. Leather is cheap with many flaws. If you are used to BMW quality, don't buy this car.

Looks! Attractive car. Great stereo system in standard model. Love the aux jack for iPod connection.

Better fit and finish. Less aggressive tires. Are huge mirrors necessary? Standard Xenon headlights should be a must at this price range. Headrests could be softer.

Barely a Lexus
By will

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is not my first Lexus, but it certainly will be my last. The performance of this car pales in comparison to my old RX 330. It hesitates when you get on it, the mpg is ridiculous for a car this size and please... never, ever try to drive it in even slightly icy conditions. The car will not stop at all from even 10 mph in low gear when there is ice. It does have its bright points. It turns very well and holds the road exceptionally at higher speeds (3 digit), but I hesitate to take it out at all in adverse conditions. A Lexus? Hardly. At least not compared to its siblings. After just a few months I am already looking to take the loss, trade it in and get a different auto altogether.

The lines and beauty of the vehicle.

How about a light in the trunk for starters? Next lets work on the gas mileage, hesitation and traction.