Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Is-250 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus IS 250

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Can't drive it like I stole it!!!
By Karen

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving this car is like dating a high maintenance dummy. Looks beautiful but little substance. I made the mistake of not test driving the car in the manner that I usually drive my car. My biggest gripe is the acceleration. The reported 0-60 mph is 8 sec. This is because the first 1.5 seconds the car barely rolls before the computer engages and you actually get moving. The other acceleration problem is on highways when passing. I can't just punch the accelerator and go. I have to time it in order to pass other cars because of the delay similar to the one while standing still. Terrible in winter conditions. Very pretty and comfortable car, though. Next time I'll look for more horsepower.

Favorite Features

Head turning in all black. Key fob entry and "batman-like" push start engine. Comfortable heated/cooled seats.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the giant blind spot on the rear panels! Can't see anything when backing up. Only getting 19 mph city and up to 25 hwy (city/suburban). Car charger in center console awkward. World's heaviest trunk lid that is impossible to lift with groceries in hand! Popping noise in center console daily.

Surprises are not always pleasant
By LexusIS250AWD

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went to purchase this car in 2005 with all options availble knowing I'd keep the car years based on reliability. I have been surprised with excessive 'service' charges $80 to $200 for regular oil change visits. I've already replaced my tires at 17k mi which is extremely soon and my brakes and rotors at 29k. It's a great looking vehicle and reliable on the snow, however, replacing these main ticket items and 3 car recalls in 2 years so incredibly soon in the car's life is ridiculous to say the least.

Favorite Features

Push button keyless. AWD. Multiple luxury features.

Suggested Improvements

Real time traffic on their navi system.

30,000 mile review
By CBP

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2005 IS 250 since October, 2006. The vehicle has been driven 30,000 miles and still has the original factory tires and brake pads. My average gas mileage, according to the computer, is 25.7. The vehicle has been extremely dependable. I hope to drive it 100,000 miles. I had an initial problem with oil dripping onto an exhaust manifold from a loose dip stick tube. The problem has not reccurred. The tires are a little loud but that is probably why they have lasted so long. The brakes sometimes squeal when backing up and they turn the front wheels black in a short period of time. The car brakes well with no fade. The paddle shifters work well for downshifting from overdrive.

Favorite Features

The vehicle is nimble and quick and handles well at high speed. The gas mileage is good if the vehicle is driven properly. The leather interior has held up well as well as the exterior paint. Mechanical reliability is outstanding. The car is easy to drive and park in city driving.

Suggested Improvements

The rear of the vehicle is impossible to see when backing up. A rear view camera is a necessary option. It should be offered without having to buy the navigation system.

I Heart Lexus
By M.

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Reliable like a tank, comfortable driver's car on long trips. Style inside and out is superb. Gas pedal is a little too close to the transmission well on the AWD model I own for my foot to be 100% comfortable. Surprisingly strong in inclement weather even w/more performance oriented tires. Gets a lot of looks from other drivers. The leather used in the car feels like a baby's skin - it's wonderful!

Favorite Features

Superior fit and finish, style, style, style. Actually a great value for a luxury auto.

Suggested Improvements

Larger back seat, improved fuel economy, improved ride, improved maneuverablity.

Awesome
By Matt

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car overall, I am a huge fan of electronic bells and whistles and this has them all (keyless ignition, doors open on sensors, etc.).

Favorite Features

Handling and responsiveness, interior layout and gauges, comfort and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Center console could be lowered. With the manual, any large drink in the main cup holder makes shifting difficult. 60/40 split fold rear seats, trunk space is a little lacking and improving this would be a big boost.