2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
IS 250 in the burbs
By sibewill on 09/11/06 08:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the IS as a more reasonable replacement to my '02 RX 330. While there was certainly a period of adjustment getting accustomed to a smaller vehicle, it is a decision I do not regret at all. It is a fun, sure-footed vehicle that gets good mileage when you can resist the urge to test it's limits... but it is so accommodating that you find yourself driving faster than usual. The interior lacks storage, especially after driving an SUV, but does not lack fit or finish.

Lexus da MVP
By Certifiedlexusowner on 09/10/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Lexus IS 250 AWD. I got it about 5 months ago and I'm still excited everytime I drive it. Before I decided on this car I also considered many other cars. Overall the Lexus IS was the best car for me - it was just the right size and I liked the interior and exterior. It was a big improvement over the previous.

Solid all around
By J-Z on 09/09/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced an Audi A4 and the Lexus seems more solid overall. Great execution of a sports sedan. I like the coupe-like looks.

Refined, solid, human factors nightmare
By Chuck on 09/03/06 11:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The most quiet and refined ride in class, soothing my 100+ mile daily commute. All the power needed and a surprising 30+ mpg at 75 MPH. Solid handling, though steering a bit twitchy at high-speeds. High res NAV map much prettier than Acura, but input is illogical, can't find many destinations. Human interface is awful and totally Big Brother. Can't input NAV destinations while moving, seat belt chime obnoxious, gets even worse if ignored, resets if you come to a stop, then start up again (drive thru window, parking garage, gated entry). Some NAV system displays (eg: Audio/XM page) "time out" and automatically return to MAP. Arrgghh! Acura has MUCH better human factor design.

Want to go to work just so I can drive!
By racegirl on 08/28/06 18:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great mix of sporty and luxury and is a definite head-turner. It is fun to drive, and I spring out of bed in the AM just so I can drive it again!! I am little (5'), but I still fit comfortably in the car.

Runs OK But Squeaks and Rattles
By Disappointed on 08/27/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The interior is plagued with annoying squeaks and rattles: sunroof; dashboard; door panels; visors; glove compartment; seat belt adjusters. They all squeak or rattle and tend to come and go as if possessed. If these things annoy you then stay away because it's no fun to drive. Seats feel like you're sitting on throw pillows on a bench - too soft and poor support.

Great car...
By anonymous on 08/22/06 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am so happy with this car! It looks great, drives well, and the fit and finish are fantastic.

I love It.
By BigDogLvr on 08/22/06 10:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My IS 300 was stolen and totaled so was not in the market for a new car. Test drove the IS 350 and hate that it was not manual. I was told good luck finding an IS 250 with manual trans. I found one and it's just a great car. So, much different than the IS 300.

One sharp car...
By Awesome on 08/19/06 05:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the styling, interior, navigation and audio system. 28 mpg is very cool right now. Heads turn with this car.

Very good but issues
By Greg on 08/14/06 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Agree with general review, power of the 250 is adequate, but not inspiring or thrilling. The fit and finish inside is nearly flawless except for the under floor "pumpkin" that significantly sticks into the drivers leg/feet area. This may be due to the AWD model I bought but it was still irritating on long drives when using cruise control and moving your feet around. The only other issue was the navigation system. The disk for the nav system (which became unreadable 2 days after I bought the car) is housed BEHIND the electric clock panel which takes special tools to remove (nearly impossible to do yourself). Otherwise very impressive amenities inside (courtesy lighting best I've seen).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.