50,000 Mile Review
By CBP on
2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have now driven my IS 250 for 50,000 miles with little or no trouble. I replaced the tires and front brake pads at 45,000 miles. I am still using the original battery and rear brakes. I have switched to regular gas and am getting a combined mileage of 26.2 mpg. On the highway I am getting as high as 36 mpg using a coasting driving technique. The best way to accomplish this is to activate the instant mileage display and then slightly back off the gas pedal intermittently and watch the mileage indicator go up. The vehicle has been subject to a number of recalls but I have not experienced any mechanical failures other than a slight oil leak from the dip stick when new.
Favorite Features
High gas mileage if driven properly. Comfortable leather seats. Drives like a slot car with tight steering. Good tire and brake mileage. Good turning radius. Nice sized trunk and a usable back seat. Premium gasoline recommended but runs on regular just fine.
Suggested Improvements
Obstructed view when backing up. Back up camera should be included without having to buy the expensive navigation system. If the back up camera can be included on the Toyota Prius without the navigation system why not on all vehicles?