Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

2006 Lexus IS 250 AWD Certified Review
By Brian

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Paid $26k for AWD, Certified, with 30k miles. This is my first car ever purchased. This is a sexy, fun to drive car. The selection process is simple. Pick your power 200hp or 300hp, Navi/No Navi & pick your colors. Many safety features the average Joe wouldn't notice. Bad posture & fat rear/gut = car seems small Common problems that have solutions: -Small back seat - buy a GS -Brake dust - low dust ceramic pads -Horse power - give up AWD for IS350 RWD & 100H

Paddler shifters, fuel efficiency 28- 30 mpg, 6 disc changer heated & cooled seats, ECT modes, AWD, rims, self tinting mirrors, seat pass- through, trunk tie downs, system check monitors, front lamps light up surrounding lanes of traffic, exterior sensing lights, vanity mirrors for the misses

-Remove Ash tray in center console & and in back seat -A very loud crack noise happens when the dash expands and contracts,(just mine?) -Little tough to see out the back with with the headrests. -Paddle shifting lag is a bummer

Very Unsatisfied for a Lexus Product
By Marc

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my car since the end of 2005 brand new and this is my 3rd Lexus, I previously owned the RX models and never had any problems with them at all, I traded in one of them with over 100k miles on it without a problem. This car has had nothing but problem after problem, from new headers to timing chains, to leaking sunroof. The dealer does fix the problem and keep it to make sure the problem is resolved, yet if feels like after I get it back something else breaks or stops working. I really hope Lexus steps up and changes things or else I may be looking elsewhere for a new vehicle.

It is a solid car and love the little things like the push button start, the backup camera, the ipod connection.

Reliability which is what they are suppose to be all about. More leg room in the back and easier access to the trunk as you can't fit much back there.

IS 250 Problems
By Garret Almeida

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The IS 250 has an insufficient AC system drain line that clogs and doesn't drain condensed water adequately. Water then drains to the passenger compartment where it can do extensive damage. The problem can manifest itself beyond warranty time frame (by 2k miles in my case) and Lexus offers only token support to remedy the design problem.

Design appearance.

visibility in the car is a problem and the AC system design is bad

LEXUS TAKES AN L
By S.A.L.

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my car brand new in 2006 and by early 2009 had to have the entire engine almost rebuilt. I also had to have the sunroof motor replaced twice. As for any kind of recall I was never notified about any of them. My fuel mileage has never avg'd over 30 on the highway at any speed. I like the interior except for rear legroom. The shape is great nothing but compliments on it. But for sure I will never in my life buy another Lexus product. Worse 33k I ever spent. I'm going back to Acura with the quickness. Lexus should never make another vehicle period. The most overrated luxury brand on the planet.

Great stereo.

55,000 Review
By CBP

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle new in 2005 and have written several reviews at different mileages. I did not have any problems with the vehicle until 52,000 miles when I discovered that the floor mats were wet from an air conditioner leak. Apparently the 2006 Lexus IS series has a defective air conditioner drain that obstructs and pours water into the interior cabin causing major problems. The design problem was corrected in 2007. There has not been a recall on the problem and the dealer agreed to replace the drain and all of the interior carpets under warranty. The repair would ordinarily cost over $2,000.00 since it requires removal of the entire dash board and all of the interior carpets.

I am getting 28 mpg in combined city and country driving. The car still drives great and handles like a sports car. I have had to replace the tires; front brakes and the battery so far. Not bad for over 50,000 miles.

Do a recall on the air conditioner drain for all 2006 IS vehicles. The problem is hidden so most people will not realize what is happening until the interior begins to mildew. It is a major repair expense which should be born by the manufacturer.