30,000 mile review
By CBP on
2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have owned my 2005 IS 250 since October, 2006. The vehicle has been driven 30,000 miles and still has the original factory tires and brake pads. My average gas mileage, according to the computer, is 25.7. The vehicle has been extremely dependable. I hope to drive it 100,000 miles. I had an initial problem with oil dripping onto an exhaust manifold from a loose dip stick tube. The problem has not reccurred. The tires are a little loud but that is probably why they have lasted so long. The brakes sometimes squeal when backing up and they turn the front wheels black in a short period of time. The car brakes well with no fade. The paddle shifters work well for downshifting from overdrive.
Favorite Features
The vehicle is nimble and quick and handles well at high speed. The gas mileage is good if the vehicle is driven properly. The leather interior has held up well as well as the exterior paint. Mechanical reliability is outstanding. The car is easy to drive and park in city driving.
Suggested Improvements
The rear of the vehicle is impossible to see when backing up. A rear view camera is a necessary option. It should be offered without having to buy the navigation system.