Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus IS 250

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Very pleased with IS purchase
By Black IS 250

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my IS purchase. My IS has Lexus reliability, good gas mileage & drives effortlessly. I repeatedly find nose prints on the windows left by interested admirers! Ventilated seats are terrific for the TX summer. I actually look forward to the commute in this comfortable vehicle.

Favorite Features

I was skeptical about the benefit of keyless entry, but I am now a complete convert. You can unlock, start & relock the car all without removing the keys from your pocket. Keyless entry is especially useful when your hands are full.

Suggested Improvements

Buttons for the trunk & fuel filler door are easily confused. It would be helpful if they were different shapes.

This car IS amazing!
By Chase

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked around at several different luxury cars from the Acura TL to the Infiniti G35, but I went with the Lexus IS. I haven't regretted it at all! This car is amazing, from the quality to total Lexus experience. The single best thing I like is just Lexus as a whole. I love the free car washes for life, and the free loan cars when you take your car in for service (which doesn't happen often). The IS is a great car, and I will never buy anything other than Lexus again!

Favorite Features

I love the auxiliary outlet to plug in my iPod and play it through the stereo. I also love the gas mileage. It has a display that tells the mileage on the tank of gas, and then also the cummulative mileage over the life of the car. Pretty cool, if you ask me!

Suggested Improvements

I think that the back seat room could/should be more. It's a squeeze in the back, so if you are going to have people in the back often, then you might consider this. I don't have people back there very often, and not for long distances, so it doesn't really matter to me.

11,000 Mile Review
By CBP

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned by IS 250 since October, 2005 and have 11,000 miles on the odometer. The vehicle has undergone the following repairs in addition to routine maintenance: 1. Reinstallation of leaking dip stick tube. 2. Replacement of seat belts as per manufacturer's recall due to lock up. The best gas mileage I have experienced is 36 mpg on a trip where the average speed was 50 mph. At 70 mph the average mileage is 32 mpg. In town I am averaging 26 mpg.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage and comfort of vehicle interior. Vehicle has also been reliable so far. Modest highway performance is acceptable when balanced by good gas mileage and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Re-design engine to run on synthetic oil requiring fewer oil changes. Improve side mirrors to increase rear view since rear fenders are impossible to see. Increase rear seat room.

Grrrrreat Car
By Tian

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one fun car to drive. Love the navigation, the push button start, and feeling I am sitting in the cockpit of an airplane... Love the way the car knows I have the keys in my purse and opens the locked door when I reach for the handle.... very cool.

Favorite Features

Nav and push button start

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the ashtray and put some sort of small compartment for odds and ends...

Should have test driven the car more...
By Linh

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Initial presentation/design excellent. Ride/handling tradeoff poor compared to best in class; ride is too busy/abrupt for actual handling precision and ability. Electric steering numb. The relationship between dash/windowsill height and seat height makes visibility poor in the name of style and pedestrian safety standards. The transmission, while smooth, is easily confused and is generally delayed when a downshift is required. Engine is smooth and adequate but transmission makes it feel flat-footed. Various technology is advanced and easy to use.

Favorite Features

Tech interfaces.

Suggested Improvements

Refine ride/handling relationship and transmission performance.