2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
A bimmer fan's first lexus
By Eric Hung on 12/15/05 23:42 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have always, always loved my bmws. I have driven and owned various different models and still have a 05' 545i. But I have to say Lexus came up with a really convincing competitor to the german factor. I love the handling, a little on the light side but very precise. The engine did not feel weak at all and I'm very happy with the way it responds. Gorgeous exterior design that is both aggressive and dignifying at the same time. The interior is also excellent with many convenient features.

All around fun
By UC rowing on 12/15/05 23:22 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went from Toyota Avalon to this, details are wonderful, fit & finish above Acura TL or BMW 3 & reliability. Plenty of power when needed, 350 can't keep up with the AWD on turns and traction for the average driver so unless you drive all straights or need to always gun off the line or are a true experienced sports driver - the 250 is great. Transmission is wonderful, smooth & smart either auto or manual mode. The ride is stiffer than other Lexus, don't know if its the AWD, wheels or suspension.

Amazing Technology!
By Ray Johns on 12/10/05 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't want to say the same things that already have been said about this vehicle but WOW! This is an incredible car. I lament not having found one with all of the bells and whistles, but mine came very nicely equipped. Besides the standard stuff: rain sensing wipers: works great Navigation System: Incredible High Intensity Headlights: Amazing, it's like a wide beam of light from left to right with great intensity. Electric rear shade: very nice touch Ventilated seats: you can heat or cool your seat! electric memory seats in front: cool The rear backup camera is so cool and really show "everything" as you back up. The AWD grips like a tiger in snow and inclement weather.

is250 Early Ownership Review
By CBP on 12/09/05 23:12 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an is250 in October and have driven it for 1,700 miles. The only problems I have encountered with the car are the following: The keyless ignition button makes a curious whirring sound when activated and when the driver's side door is opened after shut down. The dealer says this is normal operation. The engine compartment smells like something is burning when sitting in traffic for prolonged periods. The engine is covered with plastic panels. The dealer reports that the smell is normal and that there are no oil leaks. The car handles like a sports car and gets great gas mileage and is comfortable and relatively inexpensive. Hopefully it will also be reliable.

I love this car
By Chris M. on 12/03/05 07:59 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a loyal Lexus owner. This is my 3rd one and I just purchased the new IS 250. While I would have preferred a bit more power, the 204 HP is ample enough for everyday driving. When I test drove it, I was pleasantly surprised with the responsiveness of the engine. The interior quality is amazing: supple leather seating, comfortable, good stereo, well appointed dash, and a lot of sensors to check on this and that (still figuring out everything.) The body style is a killer! Everyone has complemented me on the looks. The car handles well on the road and the ride is very quiet ... an improvement over my IS 300. I love this car!

Out of the Park
By Floridian on 11/16/05 09:24 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, it's a head turner. great design which looks even nicer than the GS in my opinion. the interior is wicked lush, yet simple and functional. All the controls are intuitive and where you would want them to be. The 18 inch off set low profile Dunlops stick to the ground like white on rice (but this was an option I think). The seats are the most comfortable "chic" seats i've ever rested my fanny on (usually, well styled seats are uncomfy for me). And though it's purely a toy, the paddle style tipronic tranny is a blast, though the plastic used for them seems kinda cheap. Otherwise, gas mileage is great and of course, amazing Lexus customer service for less 35k.

WATCH OUT BMW---LEXUS JUST HIT THE MARK!
By lexus1 on 11/13/05 14:35 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having been in and around the Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus business for the last 10 years, I have not yet seen a new luxury/performance vehicle that will have the impact of the new 2006 LEXUS IS250/IS350...I dare any reader out to drive the 3 Series BMW and then the new Lexus IS....BMW's lionshare of the young, hip, performance-based buyer HAS SIMPLY COME TO AN END! Needless to say, this is one of the best Luxury/Performance cars on the market at any price, much less for the 32k that I paid! Warning: do not go to the dealership unless in the position to purchase--- swore I would never buy a brand new car ever again... then I saw it, sat in it, and drove it!!!... And 32 mpg -- are you serious!

Convenience
By John on 11/13/05 14:05 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car is a nice balance between performance and luxury, favoring the latter. Excellent handling. There are many great convenince features, but I think keyless entry/lock are the most convenient. Being able to unlock the trunk without taking out the keys are so convenient. Excellent Navigation system with voice recognition. My first Nav system, but seems very compreshensive and easy to use. I just switched from a manual car to automatic, so though the car has good power, I feel that it could use a little more power. The electronic shift controls do make the car more responsive, and great if your're used to manual transmissions. The car exudes quality and luxury, especially in the interior.

Great car, lack of power
By vili on 11/11/05 23:07 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive! great technology built into every detail, keyless system is wonderful. Acceleration is good but not great, interior is perfectly well crafted. The standard sound system is so great I can't even imagine how the ML system would be. The doors close like 50K vehicle. The side mirrors are as big as the ones on SUVs; great air dynamics when speeding at more than 60 mph; interior is quiet and the moonroof is very functional. MP3 jack plug is available but impractical until Lexus offers a way to control MP3 player via steering wheel controls. Or MP3 manufacturers offer interfaces. I believe Lexus will sell many many of these cars, BMW should be worried but not very much, for now.

An Impressive Car for it's Class
By alex on 11/09/05 20:54 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's luxury and power combined. You can see your money's worth with all the useful features it offers. Their leather seats are of better quality than its main rivals. The gauges are very visible at any time. The state-of the-art voice navigation system is both useful and amusing. Though the passengers in the back may feel a little suffocated, the front passengers on the other hand enjoys ample amount of legroom, but you can be less greedy & move the front seats forward to compensate the lack of space in the back. They left very little room, if none, for after-market refinements. Its Power is more than what you need for day-to-day commute. It's a head turner on the road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.