Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

One sharp car...
By Awesome

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the styling, interior, navigation and audio system. 28 mpg is very cool right now. Heads turn with this car.

Favorite Features

Love it all. Handling, navigation is a MUST. It's a fun car because you don't see many on the road and you get noticed.

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the ashtray and make a holder for a cell phone! (or change and misc stuff)

Very good but issues
By Greg

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Agree with general review, power of the 250 is adequate, but not inspiring or thrilling. The fit and finish inside is nearly flawless except for the under floor "pumpkin" that significantly sticks into the drivers leg/feet area. This may be due to the AWD model I bought but it was still irritating on long drives when using cruise control and moving your feet around. The only other issue was the navigation system. The disk for the nav system (which became unreadable 2 days after I bought the car) is housed BEHIND the electric clock panel which takes special tools to remove (nearly impossible to do yourself). Otherwise very impressive amenities inside (courtesy lighting best I've seen).

Favorite Features

Lexus original sound system is excellent, hands free phone easy to use and voice recognition suprisingly good. Ventilated/heated seats very effective. Interior lighting very well designed with small (I think LED) lights everywhere you need and want especially on long trips in front AND in back seats

Suggested Improvements

PLEASE make the nav system disk more easy to update/change/fix! Better yet, replace CD player with a DVD player which are cheap and leave NAV disc in there. Power point location in arm rest difficult to access. Move "pumpkin" under floor adjacent to drivers feet closer to middle of car.

Love It
By Becky

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought it for my husband but I drove it for a week and totally fell in love with it. It is so fun and I feel very secure behind the wheel. We had first ignored it because of the size but then took it for a test drive. As my husband is tall, we just thought it wouldn't work. We were very wrong. He had lots of head room and was very comfortable. We bought it within a few hours.

Favorite Features

Looks, nav, comfortable seats, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the ash tray.

Initial Review
By Steve

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The warranty on my BMW 325Ci was up, so I was looking for something new. With a kid on the way, I needed 4 doors and an automatic, but didn't want to give up a nice, fun, comfortable ride. I checked out the competition and found that the IS 250 was right in all areas. Good quality all around. Good price. Good features. Highly recommended for sporty drivers who also want luxury and a comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

Where to begin? Nav is great. Touchscreen controls (rather than iDrive-like pointer). Auxiliary audio input and power outlet hidden in the armrest console make connecting an iPod easy. Proximity sensor allows access/start without digging for keys. Responsive transmission w/ paddle-shifters.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat leg room is bad, but good shoulder room. Power outlet requires low profile charger (or Radio Shack 90-degree splitter). Voice command prompt is too long (5+ sec). Larger (and more) cup/gadget holders for front seat. Better mileage (20 city so far). Non-slip mat for trunk.

Does it really need Z rated tires?
By pbpayroll2003

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car. Great looks and comfort. However, not impressed with the performance tires. They are noisy at low speeds and seem flat in sharp turns. Have had them checked and seem to be a characteristic of these type of tires.

Favorite Features

On board computer displaying miles until gas tank empty.

Suggested Improvements

Michelin tires that are not quite as aggressive. I think the car should be known for its sporty looks, not as a true sports car.