Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus IS 250

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Could not be happier
By Boomer03052

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a RX 300 for 7 yrs 152k miles, never had a repair. My friend totaled it. I wanted a sports sedan w/manual tranny. I looked at the IS 250, BMW 325-330, Infiniti G35 & Acura TL. My earlier experience w/lexus was outstanding so I thought this would be a no brainer. It has less performance than the competing models, however it is a perfect car for me. Plenty of power, so quiet, wonderful seat and driving position. It handles really well and the 6 spd is a lot of fun.

Driving position, 6 spd, stereo rocks w/iPod integration, steering wheel controls, ac/heated seats trunk pass threw is great. Gas mileage has been 27 on average per tank.

Make the IS 250 6spd AWD. Back seat is small. Different size front vs rear tires is not ideal.

Not all that it's cracked up to be
By hatinmycar

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I researched every car included in these reveiws. I did my homework including reading all the reviews in Edmunds. After several months of looking I finally decided upon the IS 250. I love the styling and interior. Performance is good enough to meet my needs. This car is an utter disapointment. It is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever owned. This would include an 81 Chevette. I have already attempted to trade. The car has lost 5K, having paid retail for the vehicle. Perhaps the most disappointing and expensive error in my life. The car is beautiful, but not practical or comfortable. I thought the other low scores were just complainers. Now I'm one.

Outside and inside appearance. Keyless start. Lexus customer service.

Change location/number of cupholders. More comfortable seats/driving position. Location of cruise. Xenon lights and memory seats standard. More back seat and trunk room.

IS 250 in the burbs
By sibewill

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the IS as a more reasonable replacement to my '02 RX 330. While there was certainly a period of adjustment getting accustomed to a smaller vehicle, it is a decision I do not regret at all. It is a fun, sure-footed vehicle that gets good mileage when you can resist the urge to test it's limits... but it is so accommodating that you find yourself driving faster than usual. The interior lacks storage, especially after driving an SUV, but does not lack fit or finish.

Acceleration or mileage (never both at once!). Secure, confident ride.

Incorporate the memory seats and expand drivers area storage.

Lexus da MVP
By Certifiedlexusowner

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Lexus IS 250 AWD. I got it about 5 months ago and I'm still excited everytime I drive it. Before I decided on this car I also considered many other cars. Overall the Lexus IS was the best car for me - it was just the right size and I liked the interior and exterior. It was a big improvement over the previous.

Push start. Touch screen navigation with bluetooth. Back up camera. Interior styling. New body style Information center.

Auto door locks. Two cup holdees in the front. Memory settings standard. At least 250 hp. More backseat room. Folding rear seat.

Solid all around
By J-Z

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced an Audi A4 and the Lexus seems more solid overall. Great execution of a sports sedan. I like the coupe-like looks.

Combination of sportiness, technology, reliability.

Navigation control on the move.