Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Barely a Lexus
By will

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is not my first Lexus, but it certainly will be my last. The performance of this car pales in comparison to my old RX 330. It hesitates when you get on it, the mpg is ridiculous for a car this size and please... never, ever try to drive it in even slightly icy conditions. The car will not stop at all from even 10 mph in low gear when there is ice. It does have its bright points. It turns very well and holds the road exceptionally at higher speeds (3 digit), but I hesitate to take it out at all in adverse conditions. A Lexus? Hardly. At least not compared to its siblings. After just a few months I am already looking to take the loss, trade it in and get a different auto altogether.

The lines and beauty of the vehicle.

How about a light in the trunk for starters? Next lets work on the gas mileage, hesitation and traction.

18,000 mile review
By CBP

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My IS 250 now has 18,000 miles on the odometer. I previously reviewed the car at 11,000 miles. I have not had any further problems with the car and have taken it in for routine oil changes and maintenance only. I am pleased to report that at 18,000 miles the brake pads are still good and the original tires have plenty of tread left. I am getting an overall average of 27 mpg according to the onboard computer. On the highway the average gas mileage is 33 to 34.

Keyless ignition. Good gas mileage. Comfortable leather interior. Lexus reliability.

The 2007 models can be ordered with the backup camera as part of the navigation system. You cannot see the rear fenders from the driver's position. I backed up into a post at the airport because rear visibility is so poor. A backup camera should be standard on this vehicle for safety reasons.

Happiest I've ever been!
By joshboy99

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2005 Chevy Equinox for my first ever Lexus! I should have done this long ago. The car is amazing, the ride is smooth and quiet, yet fast and fun! The interior is so comfortable and user friendly. The Lexus premium sound system is absolutely amazing and the navigation system with Bluetooth and camera are a necessity. This car turns heads inside and out! I have never been happier, I may just be a Lexus lover for life!

Navigation system, Lexus premium audio system, body style.

Sirius satellite radio needs to be an option.

Awesome Car
By Gregg

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped the BMW 3 series, Infiniti G35 sedan and let me tell you the IS 250 blew them away. You get a real hot car with a lot more toys.This is coming from a guy who is very very picky when it comes to cars. I was willing to pay up to $40,000 for my new car but as you see I did not have to. This car had everything I wanted period.

Shift paddles, audio system cranks, heated seats and overall performance and style.

A little more horsepower. Around 240 would be nice.

Nicely Done!
By freehuguenot

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

As the owner of a 02 Infiniti I was waiting for the new G35x arriving this Nov 2006. Getting my Infiniti serviced one day I walked over to the Lexus dealership and started looking at the IS 250 AWD. I sat, I touched, I looked and I liked it! Started my usual extensive research about the car and others in its class, I liked what I was reading and hearing so after two months I went back and had a test drive. I liked it even more. The new G35 would definitely have more horsepower, but do I want to get the gas mileage all that horsepower will cost? Do I go German and buy this class of car and get the typical German quality/reliabilty? I wanted it all so I bought the Lexus.

The overall driving experience! The style, performance, quality/reliability, luxury fealtures on and on. Specifics a push button start that doesn't require a key also. Specifically the navigation system, bluetooth, rear camera, stereo, driver seat comfort, all-wheel-drive feature, safety system.

I guess I am brainwashed by the auto magazines because if I could have just a few more horses under the hood I would be in heaven. However, even without the extra horses I'm pretty close.