2006 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
That Car
By Glenn on 04/09/06 23:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have to say that I really find driving the IS 250 truly effortless! What a great car to drive. I am a 6'2 man and have so much room in up front to drive. YES the back seat is cramped but as a single man that was not a great priority for me. The Lexus is quiet, and an all around great car. I do not find it lacking in power at all. Save your money, and insurance cost and stick to the 250 as opposed to the 350. Great car, I am sold on Toyota products from here on out.

Best Choice for the Money
By dmacneill on 04/05/06 08:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Lexus IS 250 is not the fastest or most superbly handling sport sedan, but for the money it can't be beat. The styling, inside and out, is beautiful. The interior is well executed, with all controls easy to access in very comfortable seats. Has lots of safety features. The smaller engine provides plenty of power, unless you are addicted to neck-snapping acceleration. The ride is well damped but not jarring. It feels very solid. The engine at idle is so quiet that I once got out of the car not realizing I had left the engine running. I got the Mark Levinson audio system, which is the best OEM system I have ever heard. Overall, I love driving the car and look forward to a road trip.

The great performance of the IS 250
By Cynthia Dukes on 04/04/06 19:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently brought this car and have been very impressed with the driving experience. In research to purchase a new car I alway wanted a Lexus but when the new IS came out I was very satisfied with the look the performance the technology within the car.

Great Car
By Dale on 04/04/06 04:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the IS 250 AWD in Matador Red since January. This car gets attention and everyone I have shown it to is very impressed with its styling and features -- they also love the color. I would recommend this car to everyone but then it would make mine less "special"

2 days...
By wayde on 04/02/06 11:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at several cars I have always wanted (G35 Coupe, TSX, TL, 325i) I decided on the IS250 AWD. To me, it has the eye-catching exterior/ interior design, luxury/sport combination, and "cool" features I was looking for in my first "luxury" car. Anyway, I got the NAV and Lux packages - figured I should go all the way, lol. I LOVE them both... very cool/nice features. Will be nice to have AWD next fall/winter in Minnesota.

Dear Lexus -- Try Again
By valueApe on 03/31/06 14:42 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'd have to say bucket on this one. The car's got nice curb appeal and looks quite proper once you hop in, but the experience, or perhaps the expectation of the experience, declines rapidly as the odometer ticks away the uncomfortable, annoying, and ever less invigorating miles.

Love this car
By Mike in Mass on 03/27/06 13:32 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's one week old and every time I get in this car it makes me feel great. The interior is a work of art and the outside isn't bad either. The handling couldn't be better here on the country roads of western Mass. I find the power fine for the way I drive. My wife finally really enjoys a car. Fuel economy is about 24 mpg after 325 miles.

Awesome Car!
By Marc on 03/20/06 22:23 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car epitomizes the ultimate driving sedan. Sporty, yet luxurious, who can deny driving the new Lexus IS 250? I just got this car on Saturday and I am completely in love with it. I test drove the BMW 325i, Acura TSX, Audi A4, and the Infiniti G35. Out of the four, this one stood out the most. Though it is lacking horsepower, it's elegant design and sporty package made me choose this vehicle. This car is awesome and amazing on the highway! Plus, there are so many safety features in this vehicle, so you can't go wrong.

IS 250 Dream
By Tjames on 03/18/06 12:01 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I compared the IS 250 to Acura TL and the Infiniti G35 and the IS 250 won hands down. I get compliments on the look all the time. The car stands out like No other it draws a lot of looks and attentionÂ… I love it! This is the first car I have owned that makes me appreciate and enjoy driving our California freeways. The other two choices of cars came close; but the IS 250, was a no brainer! Thank you LEXUS

Personal Review
By LIZ on 03/18/06 11:33 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car. From the way it drives to the MPG, this car is more than what I expected. I am 100% satisfied and will most likely purchase from the Lexus brand from now on. The service at the dealership is also exceptional. I would buy this model over a BMW, Mercedes, or Audi!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.