2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
Shattered High Hopes
By Shattered High Hopes on 01/09/09 22:31 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The auto that I purchased was a nightmare. I had to buy tires after one year. The radiator had a leak, although I never saw where it was. I reported the problem to the Lexus dealership and I was told that there was a problem that was discovered with the radiator and that it would be replaced if I was still covered by my warranty. Well I wasnÂ’t and as a result I often drove without any heat, estimated cost $1,600. After a year I had to have the fuel injectors cleaned, cost $1,200. I complained repeatedly complained about a ticking noise coming from the engine. I was told that that was normal. After two years and 60.000 miles I was told that my valve springs were failing.

Awesome
By Matt on 06/01/07 14:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car overall, I am a huge fan of electronic bells and whistles and this has them all (keyless ignition, doors open on sensors, etc.).

My IS 250
By darkangel808 on 10/08/06 17:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Gotta love this car! It was definitely a better choice than the Infiniti G35 which had more power but lacked the luxury I was looking for. My IS 250 has the perfect combination. It's a great standard car to drive.

Could not be happier
By Boomer03052 on 09/21/06 13:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a RX 300 for 7 yrs 152k miles, never had a repair. My friend totaled it. I wanted a sports sedan w/manual tranny. I looked at the IS 250, BMW 325-330, Infiniti G35 & Acura TL. My earlier experience w/lexus was outstanding so I thought this would be a no brainer. It has less performance than the competing models, however it is a perfect car for me. Plenty of power, so quiet, wonderful seat and driving position. It handles really well and the 6 spd is a lot of fun.

I love It.
By BigDogLvr on 08/22/06 10:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My IS 300 was stolen and totaled so was not in the market for a new car. Test drove the IS 350 and hate that it was not manual. I was told good luck finding an IS 250 with manual trans. I found one and it's just a great car. So, much different than the IS 300.

What a Car!!
By Dat Nguyen on 05/05/06 13:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had to order my because I wanted stick shift. It took 2 months but is worth the wait. I had test drive BMW 325, nothing compare to IS250 is the BOMB! This is the best car I ever driven in. Love it, stereo awesome sound, I don't even use my key to get into or turn on the engine, as long at the key is my pocket than everything is auto. The best thing is that not many people have this car right now, so it really make me feel good to be driving it. If you don't have it yet, go get one. Awesome car, and it's worth every penny of it.

Eye Catcher
By Breedlove on 05/02/06 20:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my car for a month now and I still get compliments at work about my car everyday. I'm a female driver and I purchased the 6-spd manual trans model and I tell you, it's fun to drive it and a wonderful feeling to see people's expressions as I pass by them. They remind me everyday that I made the right choice.

IS 250 MT
By sailing216 on 03/15/06 05:49 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Compared the others. The interior decided the choice for me. The IS 250 lacks power to all the competitors, but I'm not drag racing either. Power is OK, exterior is at the top of the list IMO, but the interior and the materials are amazing in a car this price. I would have bought the 350 but had to have the stick shift. It gives the IS 250 that connection to the road that the smooth shifting Auto takes away, making it more sporty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.