Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

BMW 3 is better than IS250
By goldenboy88

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Cons: Frequent exhaust leaks, headers leak, 6spd transmission is garbage (Lexus dosnt make 6 spds no more), transmission sounds like marbles, rust is a very big problem on this car from top to bottom. People say BMWs cost more than Lexus to maintain NOT true. Lexus will drain your pockets. Pros: Performance for small V6 2.5L is impressive, excellent handling, interior quality is much better than BMW, looks better than a BMW and most cars in its class. Overall I would stick to a BMW 3 series, for some reason the Lexus rust very easy causing expensive exhaust leaks that occur frequently. GO GERMAN they don't rust like Japanese cars!!!!! AND BMW has better Transmissions than IS250

Shattered High Hopes
By Shattered High Hopes

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The auto that I purchased was a nightmare. I had to buy tires after one year. The radiator had a leak, although I never saw where it was. I reported the problem to the Lexus dealership and I was told that there was a problem that was discovered with the radiator and that it would be replaced if I was still covered by my warranty. Well I wasn’t and as a result I often drove without any heat, estimated cost $1,600. After a year I had to have the fuel injectors cleaned, cost $1,200. I complained repeatedly complained about a ticking noise coming from the engine. I was told that that was normal. After two years and 60.000 miles I was told that my valve springs were failing.

Awesome
By Matt

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Great car overall, I am a huge fan of electronic bells and whistles and this has them all (keyless ignition, doors open on sensors, etc.).

Handling and responsiveness, interior layout and gauges, comfort and ride.

Center console could be lowered. With the manual, any large drink in the main cup holder makes shifting difficult. 60/40 split fold rear seats, trunk space is a little lacking and improving this would be a big boost.

My IS 250
By darkangel808

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Gotta love this car! It was definitely a better choice than the Infiniti G35 which had more power but lacked the luxury I was looking for. My IS 250 has the perfect combination. It's a great standard car to drive.

Wicked looking exterior design, keyless entry is awesome, and 6-speed transmission is great!

None

Could not be happier
By Boomer03052

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had a RX 300 for 7 yrs 152k miles, never had a repair. My friend totaled it. I wanted a sports sedan w/manual tranny. I looked at the IS 250, BMW 325-330, Infiniti G35 & Acura TL. My earlier experience w/lexus was outstanding so I thought this would be a no brainer. It has less performance than the competing models, however it is a perfect car for me. Plenty of power, so quiet, wonderful seat and driving position. It handles really well and the 6 spd is a lot of fun.

Driving position, 6 spd, stereo rocks w/iPod integration, steering wheel controls, ac/heated seats trunk pass threw is great. Gas mileage has been 27 on average per tank.

Make the IS 250 6spd AWD. Back seat is small. Different size front vs rear tires is not ideal.