Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

To IS250 or not IS250? That is the question!
By CarGuy2015

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

First and foremost yes to IS250! That is the answer! I've been a long time BMW fan and enjoyed driving the crap out of them. I've owned at least ten of them in my lifetime. But one too many expensive repair trips left me wanting something sporty yet reliable. My first experience was with the Lexus GS300, loaded to the gills with Navigation, Mark Levinson sound, DVD, park distance control, etc. I recently sold my daughter's Honda Accord with 192,000 miles. A great car for the money and reliable as well but with none of the Lexus care. I told my daughter not to worry that her mode of transportation would not be gone for too long.

Enter the Lexus IS250. Taught lines and and a sporty appearance with 18" sport rims are a winner! Included are navigation and back up camera, heated and cooled seats, etc. I bought it for my daughter, used and slightly abused because the previous owner had a dog and lived in San Francisco. Yet all of the Lexus dealer service records indicated that at least the drive train was in perfect running order. Basically, purchased it for the KBB dealer trade-in price which was about $3000 more than I sold the Honda Accord for and daughter definitely approved of the appearance overall and tremendously discounted price due to scratched bumper.
Lexus has always had a reputation for reliability and they have really taken care of this car. Lexus has made several recalls on this car and a major engine recall where the piston rings were faulty. So, 127,000 miles on the odometer, I basically have a just like new Lexus certified rebuilt engine! BOO-YAH! WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!

My wife drives it and loves it so much, she has to battle my daughter for the use of the car. They're both petite, so, it fits them both perfectly and I don't worry because of the safety features and good gas mileage. My only gripe is that it is tight in the back seat and owning a GS300 for myself leaves me to believe that in comparison of quality the GS300 is much higher. Get what you pay for.

2006 Lexus IS250 - I'd Buy It All Over Again
By Robert

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Not a Scion but Great Vehicle
By Leah Leah Leah

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this 2006 Lexus is250 this year and I get many compliments on it and how nice is looks. I previously had a Scion tC which was the best car over ever owned to this day but I love Lexus and think it great too. A little bit of trouble changing gears but a tune up should do justice other than that no major issues. Good car!

213,000 miles and still going
By Micky Hardy

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used just this year. It is the 2006 model, with just over 200 k miles- Purchased from lexus dealer whom it was traded to from the original owner. I think this car is so slick and still going strong because the owner always had it serviced @ lexus and they were able to resolve anything during the first initial years. I did have it sputter on idle twice, but just gave it a little gas and it was fine. Car feels like it is glued to the road and in snow and ice/blizzard conditions- the AWD didnt even slip. It's a bit tight on the inside for my 6'2 frame- but i feel like im in a racecar so it's all good.
No car manufacturer makes a perfect car. but toyota hasn't failed me

Looks good (most important!) Reliable (so far 2 213k miles)

small interior- tuff for tall people this car has gotten a bad rap- i love it so far though- haters gonna hate!

BMW 3 is better than IS250
By goldenboy88

2006 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Cons: Frequent exhaust leaks, headers leak, 6spd transmission is garbage (Lexus dosnt make 6 spds no more), transmission sounds like marbles, rust is a very big problem on this car from top to bottom. People say BMWs cost more than Lexus to maintain NOT true. Lexus will drain your pockets.

Pros: Performance for small V6 2.5L is impressive, excellent handling, interior quality is much better than BMW, looks better than a BMW and most cars in its class.

Overall I would stick to a BMW 3 series, for some reason the Lexus rust very easy causing expensive exhaust leaks that occur frequently. GO GERMAN they don't rust like Japanese cars!!!!! AND BMW has better Transmissions than IS250