Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Is-250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

213,000 miles and still going
By Micky Hardy

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used just this year. It is the 2006 model, with just over 200 k miles- Purchased from lexus dealer whom it was traded to from the original owner. I think this car is so slick and still going strong because the owner always had it serviced @ lexus and they were able to resolve anything during the first initial years. I did have it sputter on idle twice, but just gave it a little gas and it was fine. Car feels like it is glued to the road and in snow and ice/blizzard conditions- the AWD didnt even slip. It's a bit tight on the inside for my 6'2 frame- but i feel like im in a racecar so it's all good. No car manufacturer makes a perfect car. but toyota hasn't failed me

Favorite Features

Looks good (most important!) Reliable (so far 2 213k miles)

Suggested Improvements

small interior- tuff for tall people this car has gotten a bad rap- i love it so far though- haters gonna hate!

BMW 3 is better than IS250
By goldenboy88

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Cons: Frequent exhaust leaks, headers leak, 6spd transmission is garbage (Lexus dosnt make 6 spds no more), transmission sounds like marbles, rust is a very big problem on this car from top to bottom. People say BMWs cost more than Lexus to maintain NOT true. Lexus will drain your pockets. Pros: Performance for small V6 2.5L is impressive, excellent handling, interior quality is much better than BMW, looks better than a BMW and most cars in its class. Overall I would stick to a BMW 3 series, for some reason the Lexus rust very easy causing expensive exhaust leaks that occur frequently. GO GERMAN they don't rust like Japanese cars!!!!! AND BMW has better Transmissions than IS250

The Most Reliable
By gadaria

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car since it first came out and all I can say is Toyota still lives up to their reliability. They truly built this car with pride and honor. I've driven this card hard and yet she still gets on going and going. Unlike my Mercedes, I didn't have to dump money just to keep her going, and when I did have a major problem; Lexus took care of it. Lexus fixed my misfire at idle (piston rings) for free. That's an easy $2000 job. Who would do that? My car value also holds it's value pretty good in comparison to other luxury like Infiniti and BMW

Favorite Features

Everything from the interior to the exterior. I love the 12:1 compression ratio and that it gets pretty good mileage for a 2.5L V6 weighing in at 3500LB. Seriously that's an impressive powerplant that offers great performance.

Suggested Improvements

Okay one thing I didn't like is they use different tires for the front and back. Which means you can't rotate your tires...

Solid Car...
By jbustos1977

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My IS250 is nice luxury car. Smooth ride, not the fastest, but has just enough punch when I need it. Overall good experience.

Buy a Warranty!
By bchristianmdd

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is the "dog" of the fleet, not quick. Not for a person over 6' or fat. The best performance upgrade for this car is an IS350. I recommend an AWD model so you don't have issues with the staggered tires and rotating them. The driver's side foot well bump by the gas pedal is annoying. My car has had floor mats, steering column, sensor failures, exhaust pipe hole, most recently the CSP for the engine issues. $10,000 worth of issues were covered under warranty or recall. In 4 years of ownership I have only paid for typical scheduled maintenance including tires, spark plugs, and oil changes all done myself. I have paid for no out of pocket repairs in 4 years of ownership.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifting, puddle lights, dual chrome exhaust

Suggested Improvements

The new F sport models are currently handling all deficiencies. Along with the new re-styled 2014 IS.