2011 Lexus IS 250 C Consumer Review: Shame on Lexus

2011 Lexus IS 250 C - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Shame on Lexus
By wohl1 on

2011 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently had an 08 Lexus IS, and was very satisfied. It was sold, and now have an ISC250. What a shock. A. The seals are falling off on the trunk and tearing at the doors. B. Rattles and noise are extremely annoying as well. The first week there were none, but now 6 months later, the noise is unbelievable. Shame on Lexus for allowing so many problems to occur on this vehicle. It seems they have cheapened the IS brand to make the ride harsher and by default ruined the ultra quiet ride you would expect in any Lexus vehicle. Don't get me wrong, we baby our cars, and never drive on dirt etc. So it's not like we are being excessively harsh on the car. Actually quite the opposite

Top issue: Noise needs to be removed from the vehicle. Lexus needs to be cognizant of road conditions and prevent noise and harsh vibration from entering the cabin in ALL their vehicle line up 2nd, Door seals need to be redesigned to preven tearing. 3. The rear trunk seal also needs to be looked at. 4. Squeaks and rattles need to be looked into.
By arturovich
on 12/18/11 03:38 AM (PST)

I want to reinforce this comment. Squeaks in this car are awful. I have owned/leased three other Lexus models over the years (two SCs and one RX), and have always been impressed with their quietness. Had the ISC been my first Lexus experience, it would have been my last. The squeaks disappear when the top is down, and the car is fun to drive when one is not irritated by the noise, but most of the time the top is closed, and the noise is obvious, persistent, and annoying.

By alanjon
on 11/30/14 15:46 PM (PST)

I was surprised to read the above comments. This is EXACTLY the same problem I am haveing. I have taken my Lexus ISC 250 in FIVE times, twice in Palm Springs and THREE times in Beverly Hills and the roof still rattles like crazy on any buympy road when the top is UP. So irritating it's driving me crazy. Even the noise from the tires on any bumpy road is unacceptibally loud. I NEVER had a car as noisy as this one. It's a shame because except for the noise, I really like my car.