2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 C model:
It was on my bucket list
By cantbackup on 06/09/12 14:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

And it was worth waiting for. I went through the years of soccer mom vans and cars that matched my sensible shoes. Nevertheless, I revel in the sensibility of this car, nevermind the epa rating of the gas mileage. This does much better. I am getting 32 mpg. When I spend more time in town, that compromises into the high 20s. The wind does not whip me around, the windshield is a great design. You can carry on a conversation, even in highway driving. I am sorry I did not get the rear view camera as the backup view with the top up is compromised. This car is gorgeous, smooth driving, steering, and more. The back seat is tight and the front seat is not as comfy as the bigger sedans.

My 6th Lexus!
By jomorro on 12/14/10 20:12 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just sold my IS300 Sportcross and picked up an IS250C. I loved my Sportcross, but it didn't have any of the technology that I crave. So, went back to our dealership and got one of the last two IS250C's in stock with all the bells and whistles. Love it. Not as peppy as the Sportcross, but it will keep me from getting speeding tickets! I love the trunk space when the top is up, and love that my hair barely moves when the top is down. I already got a compliment from a woman in her Escalade at the stop light. She rolled down her window and yelled "I love your car!" With the top down, I love it, too! The backup camera is a necessity with the small rear window.

Excellent automobile
By doyleb on 07/14/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second IS - we traded in a 250 for this car. Fit, finish, ride comfort all are up to Lexus standards. It's quiet (much more so than the 350Z we had before the IS250) and easy to get into / out of. A little more pep would be good, but we'll sacrifice that for the gas mileage - if pep is important go with the 350C. We got rear-ended 2 months getting the car, but it's been put back together very well. Overall a great car if you want topless motoring!

Love My IS 250 C
By Tuffy20 on 01/21/10 22:51 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Lexus and my first retractable hard top convertible. I Love This Car! I drove a little '87 Toyota MR2 for 9 years w/o any problems, and the Lexus IS250C is every bit as much fun plus the added luxury of the retractable hard top. I fuel it with non-ethanol mid-range fuel, and no matter how I drive the car, it averages 24-25 mpg. It has plenty of power for my needs, even on the freeway. And you don't see another one every time you turn another corner. This is a sporty car with rear wheel drive so I cannot complain about this when it comes to winter weather driving; but then, I grew up with rear wheel drive cars in Minnesota and North Dakota.

A well-built comfortable convertible
By Lexus in PA on 01/10/10 05:47 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My IS250C is a tight, well built convertible. Unlike some hard top convertibles, the Lexus exhibits no squeaks, rattles, or snaps. Handling is good for a Lexus but not up to German standards (I'm a former Audi owner). I get 29mpg on my 75 mile commuter circuit. The interior is well-appointed and comfortable. The electronics package is terrific which is typical for a nav-equipped Lexus. My only complaint is that the USB interface does not recognize iPod playlists...a problem for classical music lovers. The car is quite with the top up and comfortably quite with the top down. The top retracts quickly...a nice feature.

Simply Lexus
By Typical Lexus on 11/04/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Lexus to own. I previously owned a Lexus RX 300 for 8 years and it was a great vehicle. I wanted something a little more fun to drive in my senior years so I started looking at convertibles. I looked at BMW and Infiniti hardtop convertibles but they couldn't hold a candle to the the Lexus IS 250 C. The Lexus IS 250 C is so quiet with the top up and only takes 20 seconds to drop the top. The standard sound system with 11 speakers is excellent. I recommend getting the navigation system with the rear camera. I don't regret spending the extra dollars to have this feature and it really makes for a more attractive dash display. I've had so many compliments on this car.

Best Combo of Quality/Perf/Price & FUN!
By mr_eko on 10/26/09 12:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is hands-down, my favorite car ever. So much fun to drive and it illicits a lot of smiles from people who see you cruising around. Lexus has done an incredible job of optimizing the sound quality with top up/down and windows up/down. Wind is also managed beautifully. While I contemplated the 350, a convertible is made for cruising over racing, so I passed on the extra power/cost and went with the 250C. The seats are super comfortable and my 6 ft tall friend also comfortably sat in the back seat. It's not as cramped as it might seem, but it's not spacious. Trunk space with the top down is comical, but that's part of the deal with a convertible.

First Impression
By Blitzjb on 10/08/09 08:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned less than a week. Initial reaction is excellent. I replaced a Volvo C70. The Lexus comfort and ride is a vast improvement from the Volvo.

Lexus IS 250C Exels in SO MANY WAYS
By Lexus IS 250C Excels on 08/02/09 09:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having just owned the Toyota Solara convertible (2004 SLE 3.3L V6) along with Lexus LS 400 and SC 400 in the 1990's along with a 1984 Mercedes 300SD, I have driven quality cars over the past 25 years. Toyota and especially Lexus have set the standard for quality and reliability over the past two decades, and the new IS 250C does not disappoint . . it excels in almost every category. The engineering involved with the hard top convertible and how the 3 piece aluminum top closes and opens is a masterpiece - you gotta see it to believe it! Ride comfort and handling are superb; flawless power train although the 2.5L V6 is somewhat short on power but averages over 26MPG. Clearly BEST IN CLASS!

I Love it so far
By convertible guy on 07/30/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Z3 for almost 8 years before getting the Lexus hardtop convertible. The ride is so much quieter with the top up and the comfort is a night and day difference. My wife would hardly ride in my Z, but she loves the ride in the Lexus. She also likes the Nav system and wants to add it to her GS300 if possible.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus IS 250 C Convertible in VA is:

$147 per month*