Used 2010 Lexus IS 250 C Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Excellent automobile
By doyleb

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second IS - we traded in a 250 for this car. Fit, finish, ride comfort all are up to Lexus standards. It's quiet (much more so than the 350Z we had before the IS250) and easy to get into / out of. A little more pep would be good, but we'll sacrifice that for the gas mileage - if pep is important go with the 350C. We got rear-ended 2 months getting the car, but it's been put back together very well. Overall a great car if you want topless motoring!

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, hardtop operation, ride.

Suggested Improvements

Easier navigation / bluetooth operations, rear view camera in rear view mirror - not the nav screen.

It was on my bucket list
By cantbackup

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

And it was worth waiting for. I went through the years of soccer mom vans and cars that matched my sensible shoes. Nevertheless, I revel in the sensibility of this car, nevermind the epa rating of the gas mileage. This does much better. I am getting 32 mpg. When I spend more time in town, that compromises into the high 20s. The wind does not whip me around, the windshield is a great design. You can carry on a conversation, even in highway driving. I am sorry I did not get the rear view camera as the backup view with the top up is compromised. This car is gorgeous, smooth driving, steering, and more. The back seat is tight and the front seat is not as comfy as the bigger sedans.

Favorite Features

I like that it is a hardtop convertible, and the entire operation is completed with a single button.

Suggested Improvements

More comfort in driver seat

My 6th Lexus!
By jomorro

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just sold my IS300 Sportcross and picked up an IS250C. I loved my Sportcross, but it didn't have any of the technology that I crave. So, went back to our dealership and got one of the last two IS250C's in stock with all the bells and whistles. Love it. Not as peppy as the Sportcross, but it will keep me from getting speeding tickets! I love the trunk space when the top is up, and love that my hair barely moves when the top is down. I already got a compliment from a woman in her Escalade at the stop light. She rolled down her window and yelled "I love your car!" With the top down, I love it, too! The backup camera is a necessity with the small rear window.

Favorite Features

Love the upgraded naive and that my entire address book downloads from my iPod in less than 15 seconds! With the top down, I can still have a conversation with my passenger in my normal voice. Also, the wind is so controlled, that when I make a handsfree call, the person on the other end of the line can't tell that the top is down. I also appreciate the saved seat position mode.

Suggested Improvements

Rain falls into the car when the door opens.

A well-built comfortable convertible
By Lexus in PA

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My IS250C is a tight, well built convertible. Unlike some hard top convertibles, the Lexus exhibits no squeaks, rattles, or snaps. Handling is good for a Lexus but not up to German standards (I'm a former Audi owner). I get 29mpg on my 75 mile commuter circuit. The interior is well-appointed and comfortable. The electronics package is terrific which is typical for a nav-equipped Lexus. My only complaint is that the USB interface does not recognize iPod playlists...a problem for classical music lovers. The car is quite with the top up and comfortably quite with the top down. The top retracts quickly...a nice feature.

Favorite Features

-Fit and finish -Fuel mileage -Electronics package -Interior room and comfort -Color (Ultrasonic Blue Mica from the IS-F is available for the IS-C) -Top operation speed -Trunk space with top up

Suggested Improvements

-iPod playlist integration -Ability to support multiple simultaneous USB devices via a USB hub. -AWD

Love My IS 250 C
By Tuffy20

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Lexus and my first retractable hard top convertible. I Love This Car! I drove a little '87 Toyota MR2 for 9 years w/o any problems, and the Lexus IS250C is every bit as much fun plus the added luxury of the retractable hard top. I fuel it with non-ethanol mid-range fuel, and no matter how I drive the car, it averages 24-25 mpg. It has plenty of power for my needs, even on the freeway. And you don't see another one every time you turn another corner. This is a sporty car with rear wheel drive so I cannot complain about this when it comes to winter weather driving; but then, I grew up with rear wheel drive cars in Minnesota and North Dakota.

Favorite Features

I love the looks of this car.

Suggested Improvements

While the seats have wonderful adjustment features, I can feel some of the the inside workings that make for air conditioned/heated seats. I don't like this as I had heated seats in my other Lexus and my Toyota Highlander and never felt anything on my behind. Maybe it's due to the air conditioning.