Used 2010 Lexus IS 250 C Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
So Far So Good
By 1st Lexus

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a convertible guy, having owned 4 Z4's, an Audi A4 and a BMW 128. I was hesitant to purchase a hardtop, but ever since I saw this one at a DC Auto Show, I was hooked. Had to drive 100 miles to get it, but it is everything I've hoped it would be. Quiet as can be inside with the top up, great gas mileage, fantastic "goodies" including sat radio, cooled and heated seats, Xenons, starting and locking/unlocking the car without using the key. I will say this ride is much more calm than the German cars, but I was having terrible electrical issues with the German cars and I feel the Lexus will last longer. If you need lots of pick-up, go with the 350. I have gotten about 28mpg so far w/250.

Favorite Features

Smokey Granite Mica with Black Leather interior is a beautiful combo, tons of compliments so far. Sat Radio, Xenon's with Adaptive Control, Perforated seats with Cool/Heated options, hard top, Bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing that was odd is that the carpet in the trunk is tan, but the interior of my car is black and the headliner is light gray. I wish the light gray was in the trunk too, but I'll never see it.

A well-built comfortable convertible
By Lexus in PA

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My IS250C is a tight, well built convertible. Unlike some hard top convertibles, the Lexus exhibits no squeaks, rattles, or snaps. Handling is good for a Lexus but not up to German standards (I'm a former Audi owner). I get 29mpg on my 75 mile commuter circuit. The interior is well-appointed and comfortable. The electronics package is terrific which is typical for a nav-equipped Lexus. My only complaint is that the USB interface does not recognize iPod playlists...a problem for classical music lovers. The car is quite with the top up and comfortably quite with the top down. The top retracts quickly...a nice feature.

Favorite Features

-Fit and finish -Fuel mileage -Electronics package -Interior room and comfort -Color (Ultrasonic Blue Mica from the IS-F is available for the IS-C) -Top operation speed -Trunk space with top up

Suggested Improvements

-iPod playlist integration -Ability to support multiple simultaneous USB devices via a USB hub. -AWD

It was on my bucket list
By cantbackup

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

And it was worth waiting for. I went through the years of soccer mom vans and cars that matched my sensible shoes. Nevertheless, I revel in the sensibility of this car, nevermind the epa rating of the gas mileage. This does much better. I am getting 32 mpg. When I spend more time in town, that compromises into the high 20s. The wind does not whip me around, the windshield is a great design. You can carry on a conversation, even in highway driving. I am sorry I did not get the rear view camera as the backup view with the top up is compromised. This car is gorgeous, smooth driving, steering, and more. The back seat is tight and the front seat is not as comfy as the bigger sedans.

Favorite Features

I like that it is a hardtop convertible, and the entire operation is completed with a single button.

Suggested Improvements

More comfort in driver seat

Love My IS 250 C
By Tuffy20

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Lexus and my first retractable hard top convertible. I Love This Car! I drove a little '87 Toyota MR2 for 9 years w/o any problems, and the Lexus IS250C is every bit as much fun plus the added luxury of the retractable hard top. I fuel it with non-ethanol mid-range fuel, and no matter how I drive the car, it averages 24-25 mpg. It has plenty of power for my needs, even on the freeway. And you don't see another one every time you turn another corner. This is a sporty car with rear wheel drive so I cannot complain about this when it comes to winter weather driving; but then, I grew up with rear wheel drive cars in Minnesota and North Dakota.

Favorite Features

I love the looks of this car.

Suggested Improvements

While the seats have wonderful adjustment features, I can feel some of the the inside workings that make for air conditioned/heated seats. I don't like this as I had heated seats in my other Lexus and my Toyota Highlander and never felt anything on my behind. Maybe it's due to the air conditioning.

I Love it so far
By convertible guy

2010 Lexus IS 250 C 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Z3 for almost 8 years before getting the Lexus hardtop convertible. The ride is so much quieter with the top up and the comfort is a night and day difference. My wife would hardly ride in my Z, but she loves the ride in the Lexus. She also likes the Nav system and wants to add it to her GS300 if possible.

Favorite Features

Sat Radio, great mechanism for the hard top retraction and put up, and the rear camera for backing up.

Suggested Improvements

I got the red convertible with black interior with the only options being black or white. I would love to have a gray interior.