2010 Lexus HS 250h Consumer Review: Not a Camry or Prius

2010 Lexus HS 250h - Consumer Review

Not a Camry or Prius
By valente on

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned mine now for about 3 weeks. I came from a 2010 Prius which was too low to the ground for my back problems. Ironically, the dimensions are almost identical but for some reason, the HS seats are higher and the car is easier to get in and out of. I also owned a Camry Hybrid for about 4 months. Hated it. The gas mileage was terrible, the quality was awful and the door sill was low and I frequently bumped my head getting in and out. (I'm 5'10") I don't have any of those problems with the HS. As for luxury and quality and ride - TOP NOTCH! Made in Japan. Camry, Made in Kentucky....(I think) My biggest complaint is lack of storage space up front and the engine whine when braking.

Seat slides back and steering wheel retracts when getting in and out. LOVE IT! I wasn't a big fan of the styling at first but grew to really like it....especially the 18" alloys. Very confortable.

Definitely need a bigger glove box and more storage space up front. Better sound insulation to mask the whining when braking as well as road noise. Any way to fold down at least one rear seat??? Touch door lock/unlock on all 4 doors instead of just the 2 doors up front. Roll up/down windows w/keyfob