Excels in everything it is intended to.
By jd_hook on
2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Purchased this car CPO after one too many bad experiences with my beloved 2007 BMW X5 4.8i. Repairs too expensive for my college student budget. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here, however, in everything that this car intends to do, it exceeds my expectations for it. While smaller than the TCH, it's shared powertrain move this car pretty decently. Electric/gas transition is very seamless. Well put together all around, and after driving around Naperville, IL for two weeks, I have averaged 40.2 and 41.6 MPG on the last two tanks respectively. After reviews on here, was hoping to get 30. Overall, a very good value for a used car as they are discontinued (unfortunately!).
Favorite Features
The whole center dashboard, including the intuitive mouse setup for the screen. Much easier than iDrive! The MPG! Averaging over 40 around town, and taking to Phoenix tomorrow morning - will report back as I am hoping to see around 35 MPG. Even though it isn't the Mark Levinson, the stock sound system is far better than adequate. The backup camera is also accurate and very useful. Also, I have no issue fitting golf clubs in the trunk. At 6'2", backseat is a tad tight for myself, but overall the car seats four adults comfortably. Plenty of headroom and legroom in the drivers seat for taller adults. Have tried EV mode - fun to do once in a while, as it feels like a true golf cart!
Suggested Improvements
My only gripe with this car is the obnoxious "beep" when the car is in reverse. While I haven't read the manual yet, there needs to be a more accessible way to turn it off. Also, the seat belt sensors are a little sensitive if stuff is placed on the front seat. However, the fact that these are my only two suggested improvements speak a lot about the car. I would recommend to anybody of any age. Very well-rounded and practical while doing so in style and luxury. Own(ed) two other Lexuses in the household (SC430 and GX470) - hoping this one lasts as long free of any major issues! Both went to 100k without a hiccup, just oil, brakes, and tires other than recent timing belt on SC.