2010 Lexus HS 250h Consumer Review: Excellent car

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan - Consumer Review

Excellent car
By Rajeev on

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only 1000 miles on it and I'm getting 37 - a lot better than my 9 yr old Camry V6 (25 mpg) which I traded in. I'm very technical and I observe all the activities happening very minutely. In short, this is the car of future, this car will not have been possible 10 years ago without the advancement in computers. I now realize, its a paradigm shift in automotive transmission technology. Even when its just rolling, which I can see from the engine display monitor, it can go more distance than any other cars I've driven. When braking, generate power and reuse that later. When going through busy areas, use most of the battery power (that's when gas engines burn most fuel).

"Hybrid is the future" - even most advanced electric car, Chevy Volt, will gave gas engine to go beyond it 40 miles range.

Only one and a lot of people have mentioned this. Even after spending more than $42k on it, I get stock audio system which is worse than the JBL audio on my previous 2001 Toyota Camry. But don't get me wrong - it's not bad but at 42K sticker I think I have rights to expect better.
By mx1342
on 12/12/14 21:19 PM (PST)

Thinking about getting a used one. What is your opinion of it know? Any major problems since its discontinued ?