2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:
FUN, FUN, FUN
By parpay on 12/17/09 19:33 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had it for 4 days and already have 300 miles on it. Very comfortable, fun to drive and darn it that mouse is fun too! Got a great deal $1250 under invoice. I drive 500 miles per week so comfort is important. Very happy with my decision.

Less gas is great!
By T.J. on 12/15/09 17:46 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought it for my wife. She wanted great MPG and comfort. Replaced Mini Clubman JCW. Maybe not as quick, but more than makes up for it with comfort! GPS and Bluetooth are friendly. Great ride. Enough pep to get on expressway with no trouble. Funky shifter takes a moment to get used to and keyless is a feature my wife loves. No love for the oil companies. Nice that is is not covered with "green" logos too. Third Lexus, and never unhappy with them.

Excellent balance of tech and elegance
By Chilango on 12/12/09 18:56 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a Camry Hybrid Special 50th Anniversary Edition, which had a lot of luxury and high tech features. This Lexus has all that but in a better designed package and it's more fun to drive. It feels more "European", tighter and more solid than the Camry, better handling, brakes and a zippier response and torque. The console is a triumph of ergonomic design and aesthetics. It has more trunk space than the Camry,and a better, stiffer suspension. So far, I'm very satisfied with it and also saving money because of the special December deals at Lexus!

Nice but mpg?
By coldcase on 12/05/09 06:36 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nice car, like it. But mpg is not what I had hoped for. I owned a Camry hybrid for last 3 and average was 39mpg for the 75k miles. So, I know what to expect from this hybrid with the same horsepower, gas and electric and the torque. EPA rated slightly better than Camry but working to get 34 mpg...not good enough for a light footed conservationist??? All else is well but would like a few more storage cubbies tucked into the car.

Moved up from a Prius
By Lawrence on 11/18/09 14:21 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Lexus. Generally, I'm very happy with the HS250. The car is comfortable, handles well and is a delight to drive. I love all the gadgets! Fortunately, the Lane Keep Assist alerts me if I spend more time on the accessories than concentrating on driving. Gas mileage has been exceptional! Highway driving is consistently in the area of 42-45 MPH. City driving falls to the mid 30s. Unfortunately, the car is a bit noisy on some roads and during rapid acceleration. Also, the cabin lacks storage "cubbies" and convenient cup holders. All considered, I'm glad I bought the HS250 and feel comfortable in recommending it to others.

How to combine a hybrid and luxury car
By Steve on 11/12/09 10:01 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drove other hybrid sedans before buying this Lexus. It is excellent because it has the fewest trade offs compared to most other hybrids with very comfortable seats front & back, an excellent radio, easy to reach and understand controls, a simple yet informative dash, high seating with good outside views, a luxury level climate system, and 32-38 mpg in most conditions. Acceleration and power are good but more pedal push is needed at times compared to gas cars. Steering is very responsive with good road feedback. I live in the hybrid eco mode with best mpg in normal driving. Power mode uses more gas with faster acceleration and is mostly not needed. Overall, you get what you pay for.

Comfortable ride
By Rosebud on 10/28/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my third Lexus. Went from 2007 ES 350 to this one. Power feels virtually the same, even though this is a four cylinder. Nav screen is larger and use of mouse if much easier - touch screen not necessary. Blue tooth for phone very clear. Nav. traffic is nice feature. Mileage over 32 for first tank with mostly city driving. Exterior looks nicer in reality than in the ads.

Luxury Hybrid that actually saves fuel
By TampaBayDriver on 10/26/09 07:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Unlike some of its Lexus Hybrid siblings, the HS is actually saving fuel. Regular gas and 31MPG in luxury automobile is fantastic. The car drives well and has surprising get-up when mashing the pedal - perhaps a reason for my "low" MPGs. The look is quite and classy but with enough there to make you go hum? Think a Talbot suit with Victoria Secret undergarments.

Best Car I've Owned
By Marty on 10/23/09 19:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Despite the reviews, the car handles well and the brakes were easy to get used to. I got the technology package and the navigation. Both are awesome and easy to use. I am getting over 40 mpg in combined city/highway driving. The seats are very comfortable. The acceleration is fine. I purchased the car for $2000 below the sticker price. I am thrilled with this car!

Proud New Lexus Owner
By NorCal on 10/21/09 12:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been a long time BMW fan (2 decades) and have recently picked up my new Lexus Hybrid. First off, I was very impressed with the Lexus service - from basic research, answering my questions, responsiveness, comfortable not overly aggressive sales people. The new hybrid drives very smooth, quiet and I love the interior design. I have much more room, storage space than the BMW 325i. The gas mileage has been great so far. I'm happy to have chosen the Lexus over the other hybrids (like the Altima).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*