2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:
What a dream car
By Theresa Long on 02/01/10 18:36 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have 600 miles on my 2010 Lexus HS250h and am very happy with it. After test driving the Ford Fusion hybrid and the Camry hybrid, this one won out on so many fronts. Comfortable seats, stylish, power when needed in power mode. It has all the power and luxury of a fine car while also fuel efficient. It's a genuine pleasure to drive and continues to teach me to be a better driver. MPG ranges between 35- 37 in terrain that varies from flat to very hilly. This is the first Lexus I've owned and I am completely satisfied with every aspect of this car.

Great Value Package
By EEnglander on 01/27/10 19:13 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the car for three weeks and its awesome!!! The car handles very well for a hybrid but it would be nice to have the option for more zip in acceleration in exchange for a few less MPG's. The suspension is a little soft and the driving experience could improve if the suspension were sportier-maybe similar to the IS. I have the HS Premium with navigation and the gadget loaded interior quickly makes you forget the drive-train and truly enjoy each drive.

First 300 miles
By gigapocket on 01/23/10 20:59 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought it last week and drove the all new hybrid for about 300 miles - city and hwy combined. Very comfy, lot of interior space. Pros: Awesome style inside and out. Cons: Not very powerful, but since it's a hybrid.. can't really ask for more.

More Style and Comfort than a Prius
By Car Freak on 01/17/10 23:04 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car had wind noise that was corrected by the dealer. Smooth but firm ride quality on highway.

Great Value for a Hybrid
By jjanphil on 01/05/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Going into third month driving what I believe is the best value hybrid on the market. I have the base model, with driving split between city and highway. It excels in city driving, and, once up to speed on the highway, is terrific, with a very comfortable ride. The "PWR MODE" works well in getting up to speed on the highway. This car should be compared to other hybrids or cars which deliver good gas mileage; not against performance cars (although the HS is no slouch in that area). Comparing the quality and the features which come with the HS, it is easily the best of the new breed of energy efficient vehicles.

Exciting Car
By Wilma Whitaker on 12/31/09 18:48 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My first new car was a 1959 Chevy. What a ride in the last 50 years to a Lexus Hybrid. Can you imagine a 72 year old woman with a spoiler? I have never had a car I was this excited about. It is a dream to drive and handles easily. I am excited about saving fuel costs since I went from a 2005 Lexus 330 using premium fuel to this gem. I, too, miss the cubby storage and trunk area in had in my 330, but I have pared down on what I carry, and that is a good thing. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!!!

Extremely Nice Car
By Todd on 12/29/09 13:10 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is our 2nd Lexus and cannot say enough about the quality in their vehicles. Car is extremely quiet, comfortable, and solid!! There is so much technology built into this car it is unbelievable! I'm happy to have chosen the Lexus over other available hybrids.

Loving the Lexus
By lexus_newby on 12/28/09 12:46 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned the HS for two weeks now. I enjoy the quality of the car. I ordered the base model instead of the premium model. The leather seats are not perforated and tend get you hot. The seats are perforated and would keep you cooler. The base model also does not have the ability to retain the seat position, if you have more than one drive you may need this. If I had to do it again I would purchase the premium model. There is virtually no storage the large manual takes up 75% of the glove compartment and the middle console is extremely small. It may sound like I have a lot of complaints but the car is the best car I've owned. Love the drive, interior most everything. Getting 35+ city/Hiway.

FUN, FUN, FUN
By parpay on 12/24/09 14:58 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought it two weeks ago. Have had so much fun driving this car. Got the smoky granite with black interior. Everything but tech package. Getting about 34 mpg - back change over my 2003 4Runner. Got it for $1250 UNDER invoice. Bought the warranty - probably shouldn't have but was told it was refundable if I don't use it.

The Little Things
By Jess on 12/21/09 08:21 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my 4th Lexus. Traded in 07 Acura MDX 14-16mpg city so 35mpg is welcomed. Car handles well and has a smooth ride. The controls on the steering wheel column are not illuminated, nor are the garage open/close buttons on the rear view mirror...it's the little things! The tech package is fun to use. Storage is a problem. With all the manuals in the glove box there's not much room for anything else. Center console box is very small. Steering wheel feels cheap. Fit and finish is what to expect from Lexus. Navi system is easy to use as is Bluetooth. The map screen & the audio info will not display @ the same time, ie: station and song info, etc.. it's the little things.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*