2010 Lexus HS 250h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:
Terrific all around
By danoh on 06/07/10 19:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my HS250h after months of deciding what vehicle I want to be in for the next few yoers-this is THE ONE. I came out of a BMW330Xi which was by far THE WORST vehicle I have ever owned. Lousy ride on RF scooter tires, AC NEVER WORKED for 4 years and 14 visits to the dealer under "Free Maintenance." Anyway, this vehicle is superbly engineered and the interior is superbly executed, performances is perfectly balances between lux and econo. It got mostly bad reviews which proves the bias to anything German made.even if they are overpriced and underperforming. the Lexus badge more prestige and cachet as the star and the propeller in my book. Great car. this is also my 2nd Lexus (RX/2004)

Enjoying it more and more each day
By cody on 05/27/10 12:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my HS(with navigation/backup camera) for just over a month now. Really enjoying all of the tech and the luxury features I missed on my 08 Accord - like the reverse down mirrors and backup camera. Some like it and some don't, but I really like the look and style of it. I have got 3 compliments and several "look at that new Lexus". I am getting on average 35.3 mpg, just as promised. I'm glad I switched to the only dedicated lux hybrid in the market.

Fun toys, great MPG, good size
By bdalton on 05/18/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Prem HS 250h with navigation, backup camera and rear spoiler in APR 2010 and got the 1.9% APR special. (Starfire ext/Black int). I found that I was not able to get the 35/34 MPG from the 1st tank of fuel. From the 2nd and 3rd, it just gets better and better. I am now on my 3rd and getting 36.7 in 50% city/50% hwy driving. The navi menus take some getting used to as well as the predictive text for voice command. Destination Assist and Lexus Enform is really handy (which I thought I would not use). One thing that is a little irritating is that some menu choices in the navi menus are not available once the car begins to move. As soon as you stop, they are workable. Safety issue? :)

Excellent Car!
By Rich on 05/15/10 03:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my HS250h for almost a month and just love this car. Reviews likening it to a "Prius with a trunk", suggesting you'd be better of with a Camry or other negative comparisons just demonstrate ignorance. They clearly haven't driven the HS, the Prius, the Camry, or any of the above. The ride, comfort, fit and finish, technology and overall driving experience are outstanding. I went with the full tech package and have found many of these features to be incredibly helpful and contribute to an overall sense of safety when driving. They are not just bells and whistles! Cabin noise is very low, and I am getting the advertised 35-36 MPG around town and closer to 38 on the road.

Not a Camry or Prius
By valente on 05/11/10 19:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned mine now for about 3 weeks. I came from a 2010 Prius which was too low to the ground for my back problems. Ironically, the dimensions are almost identical but for some reason, the HS seats are higher and the car is easier to get in and out of. I also owned a Camry Hybrid for about 4 months. Hated it. The gas mileage was terrible, the quality was awful and the door sill was low and I frequently bumped my head getting in and out. (I'm 5'10") I don't have any of those problems with the HS. As for luxury and quality and ride - TOP NOTCH! Made in Japan. Camry, Made in Kentucky....(I think) My biggest complaint is lack of storage space up front and the engine whine when braking.

Where is the 35MPG touted?
By Bobby on 04/27/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just been driving this car for 300 miles and have yet to see 35MPG. CVT is really noisy as you accelerate and not so smooth. The layout in ES350 is much better. There are missing buttons like AUDIO etc. No touch screen.

Needs a better design.
By JRS-CSC on 04/25/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nice car but for my money, I wish I would have looked around. The car is a pleasure to drive but I would not call it a Lexus. Reminds me of a Corolla from the outside. When i first approached the car, I thought that it was a Corolla. The best part of the car seems to be the inside. There is NO WAY that this car is worth the $40K sticker that Lexus is asking for.

great car
By bob1 on 03/07/10 13:11 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I went from a Mercedes S500 to this car and I love the difference. The HS has a nicer ride and the difference is gas mileage is great. I paid about $90,000 for the Mercedes and about $42,500 for the Lexus and I actually am happier driving the Lexus. The HS has almost all of the luxury features my S500 did with the exception of a little more room and an electric trunk which isn't a big deal. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a hybrid vehicle and even to anyone who is looking for a luxury vehicle. I've had Mercedes and BMW's before and nothing compares to the quality of Lexus.

Upgraded from Camry Hybrid
By nosleephere on 03/06/10 08:59 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I upgraded from the Camry Hybrid. This car drives MUCH better. You can really feel the difference in the power (even without using the power button) I get better gas mileage in middle speed (40 - 60). That was always an issue in the Camry. One frustration is the fuel tank is 3 gallons smaller so I have to fill-up every 6 days instead of 8. I am getting the same mileage overall as the Camry Hybrid. The luxury features on this car put the Toyota to shame and you get what you pay for! But increasing the lease payment by not that much moved me from Spartan Hybrid to Luxury Hybrid and that is the best decision I ever made.

HS250 Blinker low sound
By jackieauclair on 03/04/10 16:14 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had the car for three days and am annoyed that the blinker has hardly any sound. Is this true of other owners? Dealer has said it can't be made louder, yet in our other non hybrid Lexus, it is quite loud. We love the Lexus line and this is our third Lexus. Car does need more storage, but we'll manage.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus HS 250h in VA is:

$138 per month*