Used 2010 Lexus HS 250h Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus Hs-250h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:

Where is the 35MPG touted?
By Bobby

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just been driving this car for 300 miles and have yet to see 35MPG. CVT is really noisy as you accelerate and not so smooth. The layout in ES350 is much better. There are missing buttons like AUDIO etc. No touch screen.

Favorite Features

Brakes, automated seating memory adjustments.

Suggested Improvements

Promise MPG what is real.

Needs a better design.
By JRS-CSC

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nice car but for my money, I wish I would have looked around. The car is a pleasure to drive but I would not call it a Lexus. Reminds me of a Corolla from the outside. When i first approached the car, I thought that it was a Corolla. The best part of the car seems to be the inside. There is NO WAY that this car is worth the $40K sticker that Lexus is asking for.

Favorite Features

Inside interior. Nav works well.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior design must not resemble a car that cost $20K less and expect the public to not notice

What a dream car
By Theresa Long

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have 600 miles on my 2010 Lexus HS250h and am very happy with it. After test driving the Ford Fusion hybrid and the Camry hybrid, this one won out on so many fronts. Comfortable seats, stylish, power when needed in power mode. It has all the power and luxury of a fine car while also fuel efficient. It's a genuine pleasure to drive and continues to teach me to be a better driver. MPG ranges between 35- 37 in terrain that varies from flat to very hilly. This is the first Lexus I've owned and I am completely satisfied with every aspect of this car.

Favorite Features

great stereo system, layout of interior, comfortable seats, fuel efficiency

Suggested Improvements

none that I can think of

First 300 miles
By gigapocket

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought it last week and drove the all new hybrid for about 300 miles - city and hwy combined. Very comfy, lot of interior space. Pros: Awesome style inside and out. Cons: Not very powerful, but since it's a hybrid.. can't really ask for more.

Favorite Features

all leather and wood trims, keyless entry, bluetooth and 6 cd-changer.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing yet.

Great Value for a Hybrid
By jjanphil

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Going into third month driving what I believe is the best value hybrid on the market. I have the base model, with driving split between city and highway. It excels in city driving, and, once up to speed on the highway, is terrific, with a very comfortable ride. The "PWR MODE" works well in getting up to speed on the highway. This car should be compared to other hybrids or cars which deliver good gas mileage; not against performance cars (although the HS is no slouch in that area). Comparing the quality and the features which come with the HS, it is easily the best of the new breed of energy efficient vehicles.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry and starting; the cockpit and controls; visibility; good- looking car; the Lexus quality; and, it's a hybrid!

Suggested Improvements

It would be OK to have the HS look more like a hybrid; would like the silent mode to last longer; would like a compartment for coins (but since I don't have nav I use the very handy compartment where it normally would be - which is also a nice writing table).