Used 2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus Hs-250h - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:

Excels in everything it is intended to.
By jd_hook

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car CPO after one too many bad experiences with my beloved 2007 BMW X5 4.8i. Repairs too expensive for my college student budget. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here, however, in everything that this car intends to do, it exceeds my expectations for it. While smaller than the TCH, it's shared powertrain move this car pretty decently. Electric/gas transition is very seamless. Well put together all around, and after driving around Naperville, IL for two weeks, I have averaged 40.2 and 41.6 MPG on the last two tanks respectively. After reviews on here, was hoping to get 30. Overall, a very good value for a used car as they are discontinued (unfortunately!).

Favorite Features

The whole center dashboard, including the intuitive mouse setup for the screen. Much easier than iDrive! The MPG! Averaging over 40 around town, and taking to Phoenix tomorrow morning - will report back as I am hoping to see around 35 MPG. Even though it isn't the Mark Levinson, the stock sound system is far better than adequate. The backup camera is also accurate and very useful. Also, I have no issue fitting golf clubs in the trunk. At 6'2", backseat is a tad tight for myself, but overall the car seats four adults comfortably. Plenty of headroom and legroom in the drivers seat for taller adults. Have tried EV mode - fun to do once in a while, as it feels like a true golf cart!

Suggested Improvements

My only gripe with this car is the obnoxious "beep" when the car is in reverse. While I haven't read the manual yet, there needs to be a more accessible way to turn it off. Also, the seat belt sensors are a little sensitive if stuff is placed on the front seat. However, the fact that these are my only two suggested improvements speak a lot about the car. I would recommend to anybody of any age. Very well-rounded and practical while doing so in style and luxury. Own(ed) two other Lexuses in the household (SC430 and GX470) - hoping this one lasts as long free of any major issues! Both went to 100k without a hiccup, just oil, brakes, and tires other than recent timing belt on SC.

Great car
By lrbiloski

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to get a hybrid but not a Toyota... I am so happy with my choice! I have over 32,000 miles on my HS and have not had a single issue! The car is reliable and has great features - especially the ping to car directions. It was the first car I have ever purchased and am so glad I did.

Favorite Features

The technology, gas mileage, and Lexus dedication to service

Suggested Improvements

I cant drive with just the back windows down because it makes that horrible noise... only issue I see with the car... if you just crack the front windows a bit or tilt the sunroof it goes away.

Amazing luxury for the fuel economy.
By nareautogo

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, 37,000 for a car that does not possibly "perform" like a luxury car sedan can be a bit strange. BUT, listen, you're just not going to get excellent fuel economy in a car that has a sportscar like drive. I guess the BMW 3series is the gold standard in this class for the car that's a fun driving experience and I guess it is. BUT, try driving in a "fun" way in that and appreciate your 20mpg and exhaust that is not as ecofriendly as it can be. This car is one of only about 14 to receive the EPA highest rating for environmental impact. Car drives pretty good, handling is great. Quiet drive, but does have some weird winding noise when breaking -- you get used to it.

Favorite Features

I get 30 mpg driving aggressively. If I think about it -- i.e actually drive 60-65 on the highway and try not to speed up too much in city streets -- the 36 or so is no problem. Good technology -- XM/Nav. I like the appearance. Perhaps the butt could be more refined, but the rest is rather beautiful Power mode is there if you just feel like having that "sport" car experience. Excellent interior. I got mine at Premium+NAV for a sick deal -- about $34,000, at that price it was worth it.

Serenity in the Suburbs
By friendintocars

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When we felt we deserved a lot more bells and whistles and were watching the fuel prices start the most recent climb we researched the available Luxury Hybrids. Kathy wanted a higher seating position than the '99 Solara, BlueTooth/Nav/Heated Seats and she found it all. My working for a Lexus store didn't stop her from looking at the Prius, Altima and Lincoln Hybrids but she determined that the Premium HS suited her best. Now that she regularly exceeds the posted 35 MPG by 2 or 3 it confirmed her decision. A high point of her day is getting asked for a ride by various co-workers and showing off the cooled seats and verbal commands. That the dealer washes it every week is an added bonus!

Favorite Features

Exceeding the 35 posted MPG by a couple Verbal commands for nearly everything Separate tone settings for iPod & XM Ventilated seats, 3 position memory seat Strong performance when desired Cool look with Matador Red and "18 Alloys Keyless fob, won't slip and fall in snow while fumbling with packages and keys Memory seat knows which driver is entering Destination Assist is even easier than the verbal command system Two free service visits paid by Lexus Pre-open the windows/sunroof on hot day E-Mail destinations to car, no need to type them in while parked Wonderfully quiet and comfortable Warms up incredibly fast in sub zero weather

Suggested Improvements

Remote start cuts off when door is opened Remote range is ridiculously short, '40? Standard Lexus/Toyota problem that the cigarette lighter turns off with the key, can not charge phones, iPods when car is off

Whats not to like
By dweinstein

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded an 06 Acura RL which I adored but got in the low 20's mpgs and was looking for a good size tech laden high mileage car. I never fancied myself a "Lexus" guy but after test driving it, felt it had excellent "non Lexus" driving characteristics and incredible mileage for a 3700 pound luxo/sport (albeit for a hybrid) car. And with the December to Remember cash incentives from mother Lexus, the price became "reasonable." Have had the car since Jan 3 and have 4500 miles on it and am consistently getting high 36 mpg's. And with gas up $0.60 cents since January its been a big help! Also have two Prius's and this HS is no Prius! Prius is great but no comparison for a long drive.

Favorite Features

Love the tech package toys; front camera, head up display, radar cruise control, lane keep assist! But got it for the mileage and am very pleased that it has delivered what it said it would and even a little better. REGULAR gas!! Like that its a little smaller than the RL too, easier to park.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it: were all wheel drive (but would probably lose mpg's); had a rear sunshade and swivel headlights (they are an option but no dealer seems to order their inventory with them). Seems to be a Toyota/Lexus thing but cant enter information (nav, settings or even access the address book etc) while moving. Acura trusted you. Wish it was one of the custom settings you could change.