2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:
Excels in everything it is intended to.
By jd_hook on 08/06/13 23:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car CPO after one too many bad experiences with my beloved 2007 BMW X5 4.8i. Repairs too expensive for my college student budget. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here, however, in everything that this car intends to do, it exceeds my expectations for it. While smaller than the TCH, it's shared powertrain move this car pretty decently. Electric/gas transition is very seamless. Well put together all around, and after driving around Naperville, IL for two weeks, I have averaged 40.2 and 41.6 MPG on the last two tanks respectively. After reviews on here, was hoping to get 30. Overall, a very good value for a used car as they are discontinued (unfortunately!).

Great car
By lrbiloski on 05/19/12 07:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to get a hybrid but not a Toyota... I am so happy with my choice! I have over 32,000 miles on my HS and have not had a single issue! The car is reliable and has great features - especially the ping to car directions. It was the first car I have ever purchased and am so glad I did.

Amazing luxury for the fuel economy.
By nareautogo on 10/14/11 07:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, 37,000 for a car that does not possibly "perform" like a luxury car sedan can be a bit strange. BUT, listen, you're just not going to get excellent fuel economy in a car that has a sportscar like drive. I guess the BMW 3series is the gold standard in this class for the car that's a fun driving experience and I guess it is. BUT, try driving in a "fun" way in that and appreciate your 20mpg and exhaust that is not as ecofriendly as it can be. This car is one of only about 14 to receive the EPA highest rating for environmental impact. Car drives pretty good, handling is great. Quiet drive, but does have some weird winding noise when breaking -- you get used to it.

Serenity in the Suburbs
By friendintocars on 04/25/11 10:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When we felt we deserved a lot more bells and whistles and were watching the fuel prices start the most recent climb we researched the available Luxury Hybrids. Kathy wanted a higher seating position than the '99 Solara, BlueTooth/Nav/Heated Seats and she found it all. My working for a Lexus store didn't stop her from looking at the Prius, Altima and Lincoln Hybrids but she determined that the Premium HS suited her best. Now that she regularly exceeds the posted 35 MPG by 2 or 3 it confirmed her decision. A high point of her day is getting asked for a ride by various co-workers and showing off the cooled seats and verbal commands. That the dealer washes it every week is an added bonus!

Whats not to like
By dweinstein on 03/21/11 14:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded an 06 Acura RL which I adored but got in the low 20's mpgs and was looking for a good size tech laden high mileage car. I never fancied myself a "Lexus" guy but after test driving it, felt it had excellent "non Lexus" driving characteristics and incredible mileage for a 3700 pound luxo/sport (albeit for a hybrid) car. And with the December to Remember cash incentives from mother Lexus, the price became "reasonable." Have had the car since Jan 3 and have 4500 miles on it and am consistently getting high 36 mpg's. And with gas up $0.60 cents since January its been a big help! Also have two Prius's and this HS is no Prius! Prius is great but no comparison for a long drive.

winter mileage drop
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When I purchased this car in February, I was getting 37mpg. I live the Chicago area and with the winter cold, it has dropped to less then 30. I took it to the dealer who said it was normal due to the engine running more for the emissions. Seems like too big of a drop to me. the car itself is fun to drive, handles well, although the grunt of the engine turning on does seem to be a little underpowered. Trunk space is diminished due to the batteries and the stereo is not what I consider top of the line for a Lexus, particulalry in the back seat. I also wish there was a wee bit more headroom in the front and the center console does intrude.

Try trading in
By zag on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased hs 250 h last year with a price tag of 45,000.I am not totally happy with the ride,so I looked into upgrading to GS or RX.I was offered 25,000 as trade in value for a car with 17,800.This is not the value I expected from a Lexus.

Impressive Lexus
By Consul on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm impressed by this Lexus Hybrid, get close to 40MPG, can use regular unleaded fuel, fully loaded with awesome technology found previously in a LS600. It is pricey almost $50K but for the mileage and contributions to the environment, I'm pleased with it. Nice comfortable interior and yes, the brakes does get some getting used to. The navigation is easy to use, head up display on windshield is helpful and the front angled camera has saved me many times. Not to mention the lane keep assist for those late nights in the office when you are tired, it can save you from an accident and tickets. Awesome car and I recommend it.

Good interior but bad quality
By DMj on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought this car less than 3 weeks ago and now I already experienced some problems in the car. Some personnel on the dealership are harsh and told me to comeback if the car reaches 5k miles services before they check or diagnose the problem. Engine vibrates when it is in power mode and doesn't reach 35 mpg average. This is a big mistake for buying this car brand and choosing this dealership.

After 4 days, I am on my 3rd Jump Start!
By Winning2000 on 08/31/10 12:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is unreal!! Purchase date Wednesday 8/25/10 car had 94 miles on it. On Sunday 8/29/10 at 9:00 am. I needed my first jump. Had to call road side assistance. At 4:00 pm while at the mall same day, I needed a second jump start. Then only to find that the dealership was not open on Sunday so the car could not be towed. On Monday 8/30/10, Again My brand new car would not start. I then needed a third jump. After complaining to the dealership, they stated they were going to bring me a new battery. They then called back as said no battery was in stock. I am now driving a loaner vehicle. This has been by far the worst car buying experience ever!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*