Used 2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium Sedan Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:

Pleasantly surprised
By valencia harkless

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I upgraded from a Toyota Solara Convertible to buy the HS250. I was pleasantly surprised with the technology inside. I think the Mavigation could be better. My biggest qualm is that there isn't much mpg esp for city miles. For the price I got with the low mileage was a plus for me

Thoughts at 110,000 miles
By Troy Caldwell

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this for its hybrid drive and it's beautiful interior. The leather and wood panelling , though artificial, is very appealing. The size of the cabin is spacious compared to most cars of its exterior size. Getting inside an LS 250, by contrast, feels positively claustrophobic. This is a very important and attractive feature. Fuel economy is 30.5 to 32.5 mi/gal in mostly highway driving. I had to replace an air conditioner fan, but everything else has been flawless mechanically.
Compared to other Lexus cars it is not as smooth riding nor as quiet--even after adding $900 of soundproofing. (That was a waste. I don't recommend it.). This is a mild disappointment.
Acceleration is quite good. I did not give it higher marks due to a one second hesitation when accelerating to pass. I love the continuously variable transmission.
I can play MP3's using a memory stick. This is good, but one cannot reliably or easily navigate to to the song desired due to the balky interface. The rest of the radio/CD interface is fine. The sound quality is good but not great. I added a subwoofer, and that made it great. It is the regular premium sound not the Mark Levinson.
Interior comfort is quite good. I can go long periods of road driving with no back strain. It needs more storage space, however.

MYBADASSLEXUS
By MARK ALEXANDER

Just buy it

Good Car to Own
By Herb Brass

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased as certified by dealer

Excels in everything it is intended to.
By jd_hook

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car CPO after one too many bad experiences with my beloved 2007 BMW X5 4.8i.
Repairs too expensive for my college student budget.
I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here, however, in everything that this car intends to do, it exceeds my expectations for it.
While smaller than the TCH, it's shared powertrain move this car pretty decently.
Electric/gas transition is very seamless.
Well put together all around, and after driving around Naperville, IL for two weeks, I have averaged 40.2 and 41.6 MPG on the last two tanks respectively.
After reviews on here, was hoping to get 30.
Overall, a very good value for a used car as they are discontinued (unfortunately!).

The whole center dashboard, including the intuitive mouse setup for the screen. Much easier than iDrive! The MPG! Averaging over 40 around town, and taking to Phoenix tomorrow morning - will report back as I am hoping to see around 35 MPG. Even though it isn't the Mark Levinson, the stock sound system is far better than adequate. The backup camera is also accurate and very useful. Also, I have no issue fitting golf clubs in the trunk. At 6'2", backseat is a tad tight for myself, but overall the car seats four adults comfortably. Plenty of headroom and legroom in the drivers seat for taller adults. Have tried EV mode - fun to do once in a while, as it feels like a true golf cart!

My only gripe with this car is the obnoxious "beep" when the car is in reverse. While I haven't read the manual yet, there needs to be a more accessible way to turn it off. Also, the seat belt sensors are a little sensitive if stuff is placed on the front seat. However, the fact that these are my only two suggested improvements speak a lot about the car. I would recommend to anybody of any age. Very well-rounded and practical while doing so in style and luxury. Own(ed) two other Lexuses in the household (SC430 and GX470) - hoping this one lasts as long free of any major issues! Both went to 100k without a hiccup, just oil, brakes, and tires other than recent timing belt on SC.