2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:
Excels in everything it is intended to.
By jd_hook on 08/06/13 23:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car CPO after one too many bad experiences with my beloved 2007 BMW X5 4.8i. Repairs too expensive for my college student budget. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here, however, in everything that this car intends to do, it exceeds my expectations for it. While smaller than the TCH, it's shared powertrain move this car pretty decently. Electric/gas transition is very seamless. Well put together all around, and after driving around Naperville, IL for two weeks, I have averaged 40.2 and 41.6 MPG on the last two tanks respectively. After reviews on here, was hoping to get 30. Overall, a very good value for a used car as they are discontinued (unfortunately!).

Great car
By lrbiloski on 05/19/12 07:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to get a hybrid but not a Toyota... I am so happy with my choice! I have over 32,000 miles on my HS and have not had a single issue! The car is reliable and has great features - especially the ping to car directions. It was the first car I have ever purchased and am so glad I did.

Nice car overall
By gblakeley on 12/19/11 15:22 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Went to buy a Prius, wife said no way would not drive an egg. We've had the car for about 9 months, bought used (demo) with 18k miles. Have about 28k miles. Very nice car, but the into gas miles are not close to want Lexus states. On flat surface drive it might get 30 to 31 miles. With slight hills in area around 25 mpg. On the freeway at 60-62 mph will get over 40 mpg!! But bought the car mainly for in town driving. Wife does not like to drive because she can't see front end because of the way the hood is shaped :]. I have no problem. Seats a a little narrow for those of us over 230 lbs.

Love my hybrid! One year and counting!
By leslie_n on 11/17/11 13:23 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Lexus HS250h for a year now. 23k miles. Getting 38 MPG! Very comfortable! I'm 5'2" so I'm grateful to find a car that "fits". Interior and exterior are wearing well. Performance has been fine. If you're looking for a sports car acceleration experience, this isn't it - it is a nice, hybrid ride though. Has enough pep to get you out of trouble if you need it (and you can always use the power mode). Brakes well and handles well. Very quiet. No problem to date. Great pick! Very happy!

Amazing luxury for the fuel economy.
By nareautogo on 10/14/11 07:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, 37,000 for a car that does not possibly "perform" like a luxury car sedan can be a bit strange. BUT, listen, you're just not going to get excellent fuel economy in a car that has a sportscar like drive. I guess the BMW 3series is the gold standard in this class for the car that's a fun driving experience and I guess it is. BUT, try driving in a "fun" way in that and appreciate your 20mpg and exhaust that is not as ecofriendly as it can be. This car is one of only about 14 to receive the EPA highest rating for environmental impact. Car drives pretty good, handling is great. Quiet drive, but does have some weird winding noise when breaking -- you get used to it.

A versatile automobile
By mefistofeles on 06/25/11 00:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At first when I bought this thing I hated it,coming from a Lexus GS 350. The power was comparatively anemic and the understeer,forget about it. However after a few weeks I adapted to the understeer and was able to make the car work for me. In fact I've adapted to this car so well that a I've actually hadd a few passengers tell me that the car felt rather sporty. The HS 250 certainly has some advantages over a long wheelbase V-6 like the GS 350 its a more compact car so it has a much tighter turning radius. Front wheel drive steering isn't as sharp as rear wheel drive but it allows the driver to be a little lazier in high speed turns,you simply wait for the car to be ready.

Serenity in the Suburbs
By friendintocars on 04/25/11 10:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When we felt we deserved a lot more bells and whistles and were watching the fuel prices start the most recent climb we researched the available Luxury Hybrids. Kathy wanted a higher seating position than the '99 Solara, BlueTooth/Nav/Heated Seats and she found it all. My working for a Lexus store didn't stop her from looking at the Prius, Altima and Lincoln Hybrids but she determined that the Premium HS suited her best. Now that she regularly exceeds the posted 35 MPG by 2 or 3 it confirmed her decision. A high point of her day is getting asked for a ride by various co-workers and showing off the cooled seats and verbal commands. That the dealer washes it every week is an added bonus!

Whats not to like
By dweinstein on 03/21/11 14:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded an 06 Acura RL which I adored but got in the low 20's mpgs and was looking for a good size tech laden high mileage car. I never fancied myself a "Lexus" guy but after test driving it, felt it had excellent "non Lexus" driving characteristics and incredible mileage for a 3700 pound luxo/sport (albeit for a hybrid) car. And with the December to Remember cash incentives from mother Lexus, the price became "reasonable." Have had the car since Jan 3 and have 4500 miles on it and am consistently getting high 36 mpg's. And with gas up $0.60 cents since January its been a big help! Also have two Prius's and this HS is no Prius! Prius is great but no comparison for a long drive.

winter mileage drop
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When I purchased this car in February, I was getting 37mpg. I live the Chicago area and with the winter cold, it has dropped to less then 30. I took it to the dealer who said it was normal due to the engine running more for the emissions. Seems like too big of a drop to me. the car itself is fun to drive, handles well, although the grunt of the engine turning on does seem to be a little underpowered. Trunk space is diminished due to the batteries and the stereo is not what I consider top of the line for a Lexus, particulalry in the back seat. I also wish there was a wee bit more headroom in the front and the center console does intrude.

Try trading in
By zag on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased hs 250 h last year with a price tag of 45,000.I am not totally happy with the ride,so I looked into upgrading to GS or RX.I was offered 25,000 as trade in value for a car with 17,800.This is not the value I expected from a Lexus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus HS 250h Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*