2010 Lexus HS 250h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:
Nice car overall
By gblakeley on 12/19/11 15:22 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Went to buy a Prius, wife said no way would not drive an egg. We've had the car for about 9 months, bought used (demo) with 18k miles. Have about 28k miles. Very nice car, but the into gas miles are not close to want Lexus states. On flat surface drive it might get 30 to 31 miles. With slight hills in area around 25 mpg. On the freeway at 60-62 mph will get over 40 mpg!! But bought the car mainly for in town driving. Wife does not like to drive because she can't see front end because of the way the hood is shaped :]. I have no problem. Seats a a little narrow for those of us over 230 lbs.

Love my hybrid! One year and counting!
By leslie_n on 11/17/11 13:23 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Lexus HS250h for a year now. 23k miles. Getting 38 MPG! Very comfortable! I'm 5'2" so I'm grateful to find a car that "fits". Interior and exterior are wearing well. Performance has been fine. If you're looking for a sports car acceleration experience, this isn't it - it is a nice, hybrid ride though. Has enough pep to get you out of trouble if you need it (and you can always use the power mode). Brakes well and handles well. Very quiet. No problem to date. Great pick! Very happy!

A versatile automobile
By mefistofeles on 06/25/11 00:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At first when I bought this thing I hated it,coming from a Lexus GS 350. The power was comparatively anemic and the understeer,forget about it. However after a few weeks I adapted to the understeer and was able to make the car work for me. In fact I've adapted to this car so well that a I've actually hadd a few passengers tell me that the car felt rather sporty. The HS 250 certainly has some advantages over a long wheelbase V-6 like the GS 350 its a more compact car so it has a much tighter turning radius. Front wheel drive steering isn't as sharp as rear wheel drive but it allows the driver to be a little lazier in high speed turns,you simply wait for the car to be ready.

Fantastic car!
By ray on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car drives great. Really moves when you need it to. All Lexus inside. Its very comfortable. It's the best car we have ever had!

The 2.0 Version
By Albert on 08/11/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

HS250H base model: The car is excellent but at first the fuel economy was not that great with about 32-34 mpg overall. Last February Lexus requested an appointment with a technician who would "work" on the car at my home. Two guys show up with a laptop and sit in the car for about an hour. They connect to the car's computer system and formatted (erased) most of the car's hard drives and loaded new programs. Diving the car afterward was like driving a different car. The engine was tuned better to the driving dynamics and the the fuel economy jumped by 5 mpg. I get 42 mpg on flat highways, 38 - 40 on mountain roads, and 36 - 40 in stop & go driving. It's a great experience.

Where is the 35MPG touted?
By Bobby on 04/27/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just been driving this car for 300 miles and have yet to see 35MPG. CVT is really noisy as you accelerate and not so smooth. The layout in ES350 is much better. There are missing buttons like AUDIO etc. No touch screen.

Needs a better design.
By JRS-CSC on 04/25/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nice car but for my money, I wish I would have looked around. The car is a pleasure to drive but I would not call it a Lexus. Reminds me of a Corolla from the outside. When i first approached the car, I thought that it was a Corolla. The best part of the car seems to be the inside. There is NO WAY that this car is worth the $40K sticker that Lexus is asking for.

What a dream car
By Theresa Long on 02/01/10 18:36 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have 600 miles on my 2010 Lexus HS250h and am very happy with it. After test driving the Ford Fusion hybrid and the Camry hybrid, this one won out on so many fronts. Comfortable seats, stylish, power when needed in power mode. It has all the power and luxury of a fine car while also fuel efficient. It's a genuine pleasure to drive and continues to teach me to be a better driver. MPG ranges between 35- 37 in terrain that varies from flat to very hilly. This is the first Lexus I've owned and I am completely satisfied with every aspect of this car.

First 300 miles
By gigapocket on 01/23/10 20:59 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought it last week and drove the all new hybrid for about 300 miles - city and hwy combined. Very comfy, lot of interior space. Pros: Awesome style inside and out. Cons: Not very powerful, but since it's a hybrid.. can't really ask for more.

Great Value for a Hybrid
By jjanphil on 01/05/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Going into third month driving what I believe is the best value hybrid on the market. I have the base model, with driving split between city and highway. It excels in city driving, and, once up to speed on the highway, is terrific, with a very comfortable ride. The "PWR MODE" works well in getting up to speed on the highway. This car should be compared to other hybrids or cars which deliver good gas mileage; not against performance cars (although the HS is no slouch in that area). Comparing the quality and the features which come with the HS, it is easily the best of the new breed of energy efficient vehicles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus HS 250h in VA is:

$138 per month*