Used 2010 Lexus HS 250h Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:

Nice car overall
By gblakeley

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Went to buy a Prius, wife said no way would not drive an egg. We've had the car for about 9 months, bought used (demo) with 18k miles. Have about 28k miles. Very nice car, but the into gas miles are not close to want Lexus states. On flat surface drive it might get 30 to 31 miles. With slight hills in area around 25 mpg. On the freeway at 60-62 mph will get over 40 mpg!! But bought the car mainly for in town driving. Wife does not like to drive because she can't see front end because of the way the hood is shaped :]. I have no problem. Seats a a little narrow for those of us over 230 lbs.

Favorite Features

Cockpit like seating with the Computer control mouse. Freeway miles and ride. Good looks. Lexus quality.

Suggested Improvements

A little wider seat. Better in town miles!!

Love my hybrid! One year and counting!
By leslie_n

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Lexus HS250h for a year now. 23k miles. Getting 38 MPG! Very comfortable! I'm 5'2" so I'm grateful to find a car that "fits". Interior and exterior are wearing well. Performance has been fine. If you're looking for a sports car acceleration experience, this isn't it - it is a nice, hybrid ride though. Has enough pep to get you out of trouble if you need it (and you can always use the power mode). Brakes well and handles well. Very quiet. No problem to date. Great pick! Very happy!

Favorite Features

Standard sunroof, 10-way adjustable seats (driver & passenger), gas milage!, heated/cooled seats, good visibility, auto wipers, seat position memory, interior lights come on when you approach the car (with your keys) - very welcoming, quiet, comfortable!

Suggested Improvements

Some console commands are locked while driving. I get that this is a safety feature. when I'm moving 2 MPH in traffic though, I think I'm capable of clicking options on a list or reading a list more that two screens long. I can make my own safety judgements, thank you.

A versatile automobile
By mefistofeles

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At first when I bought this thing I hated it,coming from a Lexus GS 350. The power was comparatively anemic and the understeer,forget about it. However after a few weeks I adapted to the understeer and was able to make the car work for me. In fact I've adapted to this car so well that a I've actually hadd a few passengers tell me that the car felt rather sporty. The HS 250 certainly has some advantages over a long wheelbase V-6 like the GS 350 its a more compact car so it has a much tighter turning radius. Front wheel drive steering isn't as sharp as rear wheel drive but it allows the driver to be a little lazier in high speed turns,you simply wait for the car to be ready.

Favorite Features

The fuel economy on this thing is awesome compared to the GS 350. I'm averaging approximately 32 mpg in mixed highway city driving 80/20. I've even had a few tanks where I've gotten 34 or 35 mpg. However I like to drive hard so my mpgs are acceptable not great. The car is very roomy. Although it's a smaller car than the GS 350 it seems to have more usable space. The passenger compartment is also more comfortable,especially for the rear passenger. Usuable trunk space is actually better for me on this car than the GS 350. I can fit most of my bikes into the trunk of the HS 250,this wasn't true for my GS 350. Like all Lexus cars the user interface is superb.

Suggested Improvements

The first improvement is the weight. This thing weighs in at 3690 lbs, a scant 100 lbs lighter than the GS 350. Considering that the HS 250 has less than half the horsepower of the GS 350 its definitely handicapped from a performance point of view. From a fuel savings point of view the five hundred pound battery pack doesn't do this vehicle any favors either. Hopefully Toyota can incorporate the Williams flybrid mechnical hybrid system into this vehicle savings hundreds of pounds. A memory system for seat settings would also be a huge improvement. However for what the HS 2250 does its an excellent car that will work for 95% of all drivers out there.

Fantastic car!
By ray

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car drives great. Really moves when you need it to. All Lexus inside. Its very comfortable. It's the best car we have ever had!

Favorite Features

Everything. Sound, engine, looks we really have nothing bad at all to say. We like it all.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if the sunroof closes when you lock the vehicle automatically or from key.

The 2.0 Version
By Albert

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

HS250H base model: The car is excellent but at first the fuel economy was not that great with about 32-34 mpg overall. Last February Lexus requested an appointment with a technician who would "work" on the car at my home. Two guys show up with a laptop and sit in the car for about an hour. They connect to the car's computer system and formatted (erased) most of the car's hard drives and loaded new programs. Diving the car afterward was like driving a different car. The engine was tuned better to the driving dynamics and the the fuel economy jumped by 5 mpg. I get 42 mpg on flat highways, 38 - 40 on mountain roads, and 36 - 40 in stop & go driving. It's a great experience.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, comfortable seats, easy to read instrument display, excellent radio, excellent climate system, roomy interior for average size adults.

Suggested Improvements

This goes for all hybrids - more power when needed. The car can be sluggish at times on hilly roads depending on the grade of the road. The power driving mode does help. You can forget you are diving a hybrid on flatter roads.