Used 2010 Lexus HS 250h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus HS 250h - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HS 250h model:

Excels in everything it is intended to.
By jd_hook

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car CPO after one too many bad experiences with my beloved 2007 BMW X5 4.8i. Repairs too expensive for my college student budget. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here, however, in everything that this car intends to do, it exceeds my expectations for it. While smaller than the TCH, it's shared powertrain move this car pretty decently. Electric/gas transition is very seamless. Well put together all around, and after driving around Naperville, IL for two weeks, I have averaged 40.2 and 41.6 MPG on the last two tanks respectively. After reviews on here, was hoping to get 30. Overall, a very good value for a used car as they are discontinued (unfortunately!).

The whole center dashboard, including the intuitive mouse setup for the screen. Much easier than iDrive! The MPG! Averaging over 40 around town, and taking to Phoenix tomorrow morning - will report back as I am hoping to see around 35 MPG. Even though it isn't the Mark Levinson, the stock sound system is far better than adequate. The backup camera is also accurate and very useful. Also, I have no issue fitting golf clubs in the trunk. At 6'2", backseat is a tad tight for myself, but overall the car seats four adults comfortably. Plenty of headroom and legroom in the drivers seat for taller adults. Have tried EV mode - fun to do once in a while, as it feels like a true golf cart!

My only gripe with this car is the obnoxious "beep" when the car is in reverse. While I haven't read the manual yet, there needs to be a more accessible way to turn it off. Also, the seat belt sensors are a little sensitive if stuff is placed on the front seat. However, the fact that these are my only two suggested improvements speak a lot about the car. I would recommend to anybody of any age. Very well-rounded and practical while doing so in style and luxury. Own(ed) two other Lexuses in the household (SC430 and GX470) - hoping this one lasts as long free of any major issues! Both went to 100k without a hiccup, just oil, brakes, and tires other than recent timing belt on SC.

Great car
By lrbiloski

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to get a hybrid but not a Toyota... I am so happy with my choice! I have over 32,000 miles on my HS and have not had a single issue! The car is reliable and has great features - especially the ping to car directions. It was the first car I have ever purchased and am so glad I did.

The technology, gas mileage, and Lexus dedication to service

I cant drive with just the back windows down because it makes that horrible noise... only issue I see with the car... if you just crack the front windows a bit or tilt the sunroof it goes away.

Nice car overall
By gblakeley

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Went to buy a Prius, wife said no way would not drive an egg. We've had the car for about 9 months, bought used (demo) with 18k miles. Have about 28k miles. Very nice car, but the into gas miles are not close to want Lexus states. On flat surface drive it might get 30 to 31 miles. With slight hills in area around 25 mpg. On the freeway at 60-62 mph will get over 40 mpg!! But bought the car mainly for in town driving. Wife does not like to drive because she can't see front end because of the way the hood is shaped :]. I have no problem. Seats a a little narrow for those of us over 230 lbs.

Cockpit like seating with the Computer control mouse. Freeway miles and ride. Good looks. Lexus quality.

A little wider seat. Better in town miles!!

Love my hybrid! One year and counting!
By leslie_n

2010 Lexus HS 250h 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Lexus HS250h for a year now. 23k miles. Getting 38 MPG! Very comfortable! I'm 5'2" so I'm grateful to find a car that "fits". Interior and exterior are wearing well. Performance has been fine. If you're looking for a sports car acceleration experience, this isn't it - it is a nice, hybrid ride though. Has enough pep to get you out of trouble if you need it (and you can always use the power mode). Brakes well and handles well. Very quiet. No problem to date. Great pick! Very happy!

Standard sunroof, 10-way adjustable seats (driver & passenger), gas milage!, heated/cooled seats, good visibility, auto wipers, seat position memory, interior lights come on when you approach the car (with your keys) - very welcoming, quiet, comfortable!

Some console commands are locked while driving. I get that this is a safety feature. when I'm moving 2 MPH in traffic though, I think I'm capable of clicking options on a list or reading a list more that two screens long. I can make my own safety judgements, thank you.

Amazing luxury for the fuel economy.
By nareautogo

2010 Lexus HS 250h Premium 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, 37,000 for a car that does not possibly "perform" like a luxury car sedan can be a bit strange. BUT, listen, you're just not going to get excellent fuel economy in a car that has a sportscar like drive. I guess the BMW 3series is the gold standard in this class for the car that's a fun driving experience and I guess it is. BUT, try driving in a "fun" way in that and appreciate your 20mpg and exhaust that is not as ecofriendly as it can be. This car is one of only about 14 to receive the EPA highest rating for environmental impact. Car drives pretty good, handling is great. Quiet drive, but does have some weird winding noise when breaking -- you get used to it.

I get 30 mpg driving aggressively. If I think about it -- i.e actually drive 60-65 on the highway and try not to speed up too much in city streets -- the 36 or so is no problem. Good technology -- XM/Nav. I like the appearance. Perhaps the butt could be more refined, but the rest is rather beautiful Power mode is there if you just feel like having that "sport" car experience. Excellent interior. I got mine at Premium+NAV for a sick deal -- about $34,000, at that price it was worth it.