2008 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Review: Just Bought My Lexus

2008 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Review

Just Bought My Lexus
By Lyz on

2008 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our GX on 12/24/07. We looked at the Sequoia and the Yukon. I drove all three. The GX blows the other two away in driving luxury. We were selling our 12 yr old Jeep Grand Cherokee and needed something bigger. The Lexus is a great SUV for both road trips and everyday driving. 3 days after buying it we put drove it to the UP Michigan for a ski vaca. Drove great in the snow and the long distance. Third row is easy to remove for extra storage. I thought I'd hate the way the hatch opens in the rear, but I am liking how easy it is to get things in and out. My only complaint is I wish the side mirrors folded in mechanically and the third row folded flat, that's it.

Reclining 2nd row for kids to sleep. Turning radius is great. Head room. Favorite feature is the change suspension option. Navigation system.

Change wheel well size, too large for standard tire. Fold flat third row. Mechanical side mirrors. 20" rim options.