2008 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
Love This Vehicle, Glad I Got One!
By The Dre on 04/09/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded my 2001 4Runner for a 2008 Lexus GX. What a great upgrade from the Toyota model to their luxury brand. This vehicle rides amazingly smooth. It is a little thirsty on the tank, but hope this improves over time. The seats are extremely comfortable and all the features in it are just wonderful to use. We love the looks we get riding around town in this. You see why Lexus is at the top of their game.

Simply the Best
By Liquiddi on 01/28/08 18:36 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an 08 GX 470 for my wife and love every bit of this truck. I own an 06 Trailblazer SS and love it to death. I can say the Lexus out performs the SS in every category except performance. The Lexus is tight The doors don't rattle when you shut them. At the age of 33 I'm really sick of all the American cars I've had. I guess I'm getting old and tired of dealing with the problems. GX 470 is awesome.

We Love It
By Lexx777 on 01/27/08 13:02 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Lexus, had two ES 300 sedans, and this is my third GX 470. We love the luxury ride, the look, the amenities, the comfort, and the regular mountain driving is superb. I trade every two years, and don't think I would ever consider another car as nothing I have seen matches the quality and the Lexus service.

Just Bought My Lexus
By Lyz on 01/10/08 11:22 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our GX on 12/24/07. We looked at the Sequoia and the Yukon. I drove all three. The GX blows the other two away in driving luxury. We were selling our 12 yr old Jeep Grand Cherokee and needed something bigger. The Lexus is a great SUV for both road trips and everyday driving. 3 days after buying it we put drove it to the UP Michigan for a ski vaca. Drove great in the snow and the long distance. Third row is easy to remove for extra storage. I thought I'd hate the way the hatch opens in the rear, but I am liking how easy it is to get things in and out. My only complaint is I wish the side mirrors folded in mechanically and the third row folded flat, that's it.

Great car for the price
By BoRock on 11/05/07 11:35 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just picked up my new car last night. Already put 200 miles and loving it. If you want speed, performance and fuel economy, get something else. If you want plush luxury ride with great ergonomics this is it. I had 2000 LX 470 which was a little too big for me. My wife has a 2007 RX 350 - a little too small for me and too many chicks riding in that. But when I got into GX, I knew right away, its a match made in heaven.

It really is this good
By GX Fans on 10/31/07 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After driving a Durango for many years, we wanted something a little nicer but still powerful enough to keep up our active outdoor lifestyle. We were looking at the Sequioa, but decided that for a little more the GX had all that we wanted and more. This is a great deal. The vehicle performed on a recent road trip under conditions ranging from 110 degrees to below 32 without any issues. It handled on ice, snow, mud, dirt, rock and pavement better than expected. Performance is unbelieveable when you accelerate. It tows like a truck and the engine doesn't even balk. Sometimes it is easy to forget that you aren't driving a luxury sedan. The only close competition is the Mercedes GL class.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.