More Practical Interior Cabin Design
By pkt0084 on
2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Purchased it new in May 2007 with 4 miles on it (now has 4300+ miles). Traded in our Mercedes ML430 which was purchased new in June 1999. I drive my daughter everywhere in the Lexus & as a mom here are my 'annoyances': uncomfortable arm rest, not enough/poor center compartment design, unreachable CD-changer in glove compartment, shallow/poor location of front cup holder, inaccessible cup holders for rear seats when baby car seat is used in the center, rear seat A/C but not heat, swing open tailgate vs. lift-up, can only power on sound (not video) from front console for entertainment system - must use remote control to power on. No issues with technical & mechanical aspects whatsoever!
Favorite Features
Comfortable ride, great handling, exterior appearance (wish it came std. with xenon headlights), fantastic sound system (except when I forget to turn down the volume when my 4-year old powers off the rear ent. system), plenty of head room (not that I needed - I'm only 5'), controls on steer. wheel.
Suggested Improvements
More attention to interior cabin design re: luxury conveniences for practicality purposes. Change lift-up tailgate to at least stay dry while loading groceries on rainy days. Intuitive single button pull-down, push-up, slide-back/forth moonroof control. Hideaway push button key like the Benz.