Almost as Good as an AWD LS 460
By Top Dog on
2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
We purchased this car when my Sequoia died and I was left with an LS with RWD. I compromised with the GX thinking to replace it when the LS came out with AWD. Now, I'm not so sure. The GX is almost as good. I'm 6'2" and at 285 lbs, having done more than my share of weight lifting, I need comfort for my frame and plenty of space. The GX does it. It goes anywhere if you keep it shod with good tires, and never ever breaks down. I travel a lot and need absolute reliability and this vehicle delivers. It draws positive attention without being obnoxious. Fuel economy, at an average of 18.9 is actually outstanding for a vehicle of this size. Would I buy another--Yes.
Favorite Features
This truck drives more like a luxury car. Yes, the LS is smoother, but the GX is better than most cars. Bluetooth works well and is a big advantage for those who must be on the phone when driving. The storage area is large and rear door which swings open sideways is actually easy to use.
Suggested Improvements
The voice activation with the phone and Bluetooth needs to work better. The seats need to be ventilated for cooling. An integrated iPod option would be quite helpful. They should continue the cassette player. Kinetic Dynamic Stability Control should be standard.