If I knew then & Look Before You Leap
By NJC on
2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Service, build quality, and drive could not be more impressive but this is the first car I have not connected with. It just seems to have no soul if you know what I mean. It's personality is vanilla - unless u frequently drive off road. I loathe the navigation system. You can't do anything with it while u drive (including read song and artist names of music u are playing). No rear heat controls nor rear heated seats. 3rd row is a joke. My 5'1" wife cannot put the rear seats up or down... Terribly difficult. Not enough cabin storage for this size vehicle. Spend time with this car before you own it. This is a real SUV - Not a fun car to own just to carpool around town in.
Favorite Features
Super quiet and smooth ride. Go anywhere vehicle. Really, I think you could just go up any mountain or snow bank without thinking twice. Wicked abilities. Of course, the carpet and leather are white so just don't get out in the dirt b/c it does stain.
Suggested Improvements
Start over with navigation. I really, really hate it. Assume people aren't morons and can read or push buttons and drive. Rear seat heaters and heat controls for climate. Blow up the third row and go for a fold flat style. The jump seats never got easy like I expected. Every time I curse them.