2007 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (30 reviews )
Traded ours
By Jane on 09/15/07 15:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always purchased BMWs, but decided to get a Lexus for a change. I just traded it in and went back to BMWs. The SUV is very well made, but is awful to drive. We actually felt unsafe in ours.

Almost perfect
By Lexus Loyalist on 09/06/07 17:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After 4 RXs, I needed a change. Voila the GX. It is roomy, comfortable, sufficiently powerful, and beautifully finished. Only cars with the 3rd row seat were available, but I would rather skip that expense and get a cargo cover instead. The seats are stored, taking up room in my garage. After owning 10 Lexuses, I am surprised at some of the features missing from this car, e.g. HID swiveling headlamps and in-dash CD player. The RX is a much better equipped model for much less money.

2007 Lexus GX 470
By BC on 08/13/07 14:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This handles and drives so much nicer than my Toyota Sequoia. The gas mileage averages about 18 combined city/hwy. This is a great luxury SUV that drives very smoothly down the road. It also performs very well in the snow and mud offroad.

Nice Move
By New GX470 Owner on 07/01/07 06:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just drove my new GX 470 off the lot yesterday. So far, I am loving it! It has plenty of room. Very commanding on the road with the height of the vehicle. Quality fittings. Buy the ones with Nav. Very high quality. This is something I am going to keep for a while, a new one is worth the money.

My first Lexus
By saurin patel on 06/07/07 06:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Lexus and I love it, superb driving and luxurious.

Great truck
By s kim on 05/30/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Never liked SUV until I got into a GX 470. Doesn't feel like I'm in a SUV, more like a flagship Lexus sedan. Enough technology and features to stay updated for a long time.

They Just Keep Getting Better
By DMC on 03/12/07 20:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Lexus, and I have previously owned the LX 470. My GX has almost all the great amenities the LX did, but because it is a little smaller, much easier to manuever. Not to sound sexist, but this vehicle fits a man. My wife likes it, but prefers her RX 350 AWD. And that is just fine with me! I am averaging just over 18 MPG. From my frame of reference, that's decent. If I had wanted great mileage, I would have bought a Prius. The ride is great, the stereo surround sound is great, and it is very quiet. What else could one ask for?

Best Luxury SUV
By Pete on 02/24/07 19:39 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love It! Ride quality is a 10. Build quality is a 10. Silky smooth from start to finish.

Why spend so much money
By Real owner on 01/14/07 10:42 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have bought new Cadillac Escalades, a new one every year starting in 02 . I live in the mountains of New Mexico and am not in good health so reliability and comfort are top of the list . I had never even consided a Lexus . Drove the GX 470 and that was all it took, I traded my 06 Cad. I am very hard to please and I am truly happy with this car. You feel safe in snow, mud and on the highway. Value, check on the new price then look at a used one . Lexus holds its value. The heating and cooling are just right. This is a 4x4 built for comfort and 20 mpg is great when you consider what American 4x4's get.

9.5/10, just a few things to work on
By Vincent on 01/02/07 12:56 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is amazing. It has power and is full of torque. It has great pick up and the technology is fantastic. I'm very pleased with the comfort and the leg space, and the rear view camera is worth its weight in gold!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.