2006 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Review: Luxury and 4WD Performance!

2006 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Review

Luxury and 4WD Performance!
By Rockiedave on

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our GX 470 a couple of months ago. We were initially impressed with the luxurious interior and strong, powerful engine. However, after 2 large snowstorms here in Colorado, I must admit that I am wowed by the performance in the snow. Keeping in mind that our first snow was over 24", we were temporarily stuck on our street. However, I threw the SUV into low range 4WD and off we went! It made my wife feel so comfortable about being able to effortlessly move through almost any situation. The height- adjustable suspension also came in handy during the storms as well. Throw in the Lexus reliability and you've got a real winner with the GX 470!

Luxurious interior, powerful engine, 4WD + Low Range, rear camera, navigation, DVD for kids, Lexus Link (similar to OnStar), Lexus quality.

Need more storage in the front seats. The DVD player is located in the center console and takes up much of the limited storage space. I'd also like the 3rd row of seats to fold flat instead of folding up against the rear windows. Otherwise a great ride!