Disappointing
By Jim R on
2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have been so disappointed with this truck that, in the middle of my lease, I ordered a BMW X5 (I'm going back to this better performing, more luxurious SUV). The GX 470 is boring to drive. It lumbers down the highway like a full sized American car. The "premium" sound system is no better than average. The gas mileage is worse than the X5 - I rarely get more than 12 mpg. The interior is average - the leather and wood trim are not nearly as nice as what is offered by BMW or Audi. Overall, I paid 55,000 for this truck and it's worth about 35,000. I can't wait to get back into a BMW.
Favorite Features
The truck is reliable. I've had no mechanical problems at all.
Suggested Improvements
Beef up the luxury, performance and gas mileage. Provide a true "premium" sound system. Get rid of that archaic tape deck. Make the iPod connection and satellite radio standard at this price point. Restyle the outside - it's been too long since the exterior was updated.
By MrPino
on 07/11/11 12:42 PM (PDT)

I agree with most of your observations. Hope you enjoy your X5 and the related frequent trips to the dealer for repairs.

By tobym1
on 01/20/12 21:53 PM (PST)

Good Luck with that. Although the interior in the BM might be slightly less ostentatious, and it does drive like a dream on the way to the dealership, you will eat your words once you receive your quarterly dealer invoice of $1200-2500.