Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By LinG on
2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have driven this vehicle 66,000 miles over the past 3-1/2 years.Bought it brand new in 11/2005.I am 53 years old and have owned at least 20 vehicles over the years. The GX470 is rated #1 over of all my other vehicles including my wife's M-B. The built- quality is excellent and so has been the reliability. I have had no issues, and no need for warranty work. So far just basic maintenance, like oil changes, tires and brakes, it is still running on the factory battery.I love the size, not too big, not too small. The mileage could be better,The third row seats can be removed easily(as I have done)to provide added cargo. I have only used the third row seat twice to accommodate visiting family kids
Favorite Features
Great for trips to Mammoth in the winter,Excellent tow vehicle for those river trips in the summer, and it looks great when we valet @ The Ritz Navigation,Bluetooth,back up camera,ML sound system, they are great.The back seat is perfect to watch a movie in while somebody else does the driving.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the gas mileage,Update the exterior and interior looks,add more cup holders and interior storage.The tail gate should be powered and swing up.mine has dings from hitting the trailer box. The center console should have built in arm rests, instead of the captain chair flip ups.